Italian Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
6 chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wedges of lemon
How to get Italian Chicken Cutlets
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper, and pound with a kitchen mallet or rolling pin until they are evenly about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a shallow bowl mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs. Dip the meat in the eggs, then in the crumb mixture. Place the crumbed cutlets in the refrigerator until nearly time to serve.
- In large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat until hot. Cook cutlets on each side until golden brown, about 5 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve each cutlet with a wedge of lemon.
Italian Chicken Cutlets is ready to serve.
Makes 6 servings.