Home / Tag Archives: instant pickle
Tag Archives: instant pickle
- Nellikai- 15
- Mustard Seeds – 2 Tsp
- Fenugreek – 1/4 Tsp
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Red chilli powder – 2 Tsp
- Salt – As Required
- Oil – 1 Small cup
- Turmeric – 1/4 Tsp
How to make Instant Nellikai Pickle:
- Wash Nellikai and wipe with a paper towel.
- Cut into small pieces along the mark.
- Dry fry Mustard seeds, Curry leaves and Fenugreek.
- Grind them into coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add turmeric powder. Add the cut Nellikai pieces.
- Allow it to cook in the oil.
- Once it is cooked (should not take more than 5 mins if the oil is hot), add chilli powder, salt and the coarse powder.
- Mix well.
- Switch of the stove.
- Allow it to cool.
- Transfer it to an air-tight container (do not pack it tightly).
- Hot pickle is ready!
- 6 ripe lemons
- Menthi seeds
- Chilli powder according to taste
- Salt to taste
- Oil as required
How to make Instant Lemon Pickle:
- Cut 3 lemons into small pieces taking out the seeds from them.
- Peel and take the juice from the other 3 lemons
- Heat a small cup of water and let it cool.
- Pressure cook the lemon pieces – do not add any water to the pieces.
- Fry rai,hing in oil and add chilli powder and salt.
- Roast the menthi seeds and add 2 tablespoons of powder to the above mixture also adding in the juice taken from the 3 lemons
- Once the lemons in the cooker have boiled add them to the above mixture and you can have the lemon pickle immly !! without drying in the heat and waiting for 5 days or so.
- Raw mango – firm – 1 medium sized
- Mustard seeds – half teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – little
- Salt as required
- Asafoetida powder – 2 pinches
- Gingily oil – 1 tablespoon
How to make Instant Mango Pickle:
- Wash the mango and pat it dry. Dice the mangoes carefully into fine cubes (one centimeter size).
- Do not peel the skin.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Mix in red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Top it with asafoetida powder and keep it aside.
- For the seasoning, heat oil and add mustard seeds.
- When it pops, pour the seasoning carefully on the mango.
- Mix well and the instant mango pickle is ready to go especially with curd rice.
- Wrap it in-between a roti or make a bread sandwich with this pickle.
- Enjoy anyway you want it. It is such a delightful pickle indeed.