Recipes for indian
Indian Pudding Ingredients
6 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup golden raisins (optional)
- Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
How to make Indian Pudding
- Scald the milk and butter in a large double boiler. Or heat the milk and butter for 5 or 6 minutes on high heat in the microwave, until it is boiling, then transfer it to a pot on the stove. Keep hot on medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornmeal, flour, and salt; stir in molasses. Thin the mixture with about 1/2 cup of scalded milk, a few tablespoons at a time, then gradually add the mixture back to the large pot of scalded milk. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Temper the eggs by slowly adding a half cup of the hot milk cornmeal mixture to the beaten eggs, whisking constantly. Add the egg mixture back in with the hot milk cornmeal mixture, stir to combine. Stir in the sugar and spices, until smooth. At this point, if the mixture is clumpy, you can run it through a blender to smooth it out. Stir in the raisins (optional). Pour into a 2 1/2 quart shallow casserole dish. Bake for 2 hours at 250°F.
- Allow the pudding to cool about an hour to be at its best. It should be reheated to warm temperature if it has been chilled. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Indian Pudding is ready to serve.
South Indian Chutney Ingredients:
120 grams Channa dal
- 4 teaspoons Ghee
- 10 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)
- 1 Coconut (Narial), fresh
- 2 teaspoons Whole mustard
How to make south indian chutney:
- Fry dal and green chillies until light brown.
- Grind coconut, fried dal and green chillies finely.
- Add salt and fried whole mustard in 2 teaspoons of ghee.
- Serve with Dosa. Sufficient for 12 to 14 persons.
South Indian Chutney is ready to serve.
Indian Chicken Cutlets Ingredients
Ground chicken – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos(chopped)
- Potatoes – 3 nos
- Green chillies – 5 nos(chopped)
- Ginger – 2 tbsp(chopped)
- Garlic – 2 tbsp(chopped)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves(chopped) – A bunch
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs(chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Bread crumbs – 2 cups
- Egg(beaten) – 1 no
- Vegetable or Canola Oil
How to make Indian Chicken Cutlets
- Wash and drain the chicken.
- Mix it with turmeric powder, salt, pepper and little bit of ginger-garlic paste and half cup of water.
- Cook well, until the water is absorbed.
- Boil potatoes with a pinch of turmeric and mash.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds and sauté onions, until light brown.
- Add curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Add the mashed potatoes and the cooked chicken. Keep it on low flame, until the entire water is absorbed.
- Allow the mixture to cool thoroughly.
- Take a handful of this mixture and make balls.
- Dip it in the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Flatten it out slowly into thick patties. (Disc shapes).
- Shallow fry it in oil, till both the sides turn golden brown.
Indian Chicken Cutlets is ready to serve.
Indian Basa Ingredients
4Indian Basa fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1cup flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 large bowl Yoghurt
- Â½ cucumber – diced
- Freshly chopped mint
- Cooking Oil ,Salt to taste.
How to make Indian Basa
- Take a large bowl. Put the yoghurt, mint and cucumber and blend thoroughly. Place the bowl in the refrigerator. Mix the flour and spices. Beat an egg in a bowl .Dip the fillets in the egg and then coat with the flour mix. Heat cooking oil in a large pan. Fry the fish fillets till cooked on both sides.
- Serve hot with the yoghurt prepared with mint and coriander.
- Indian Basa is ready to serve.
Chilli Chicken Recipe Indian Style Ingredients:
- 500-600gms. boneless chicken (cut into1-inch cubes)
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp corn flour / corn starch
- 5-6 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 green onion tops (finely chopped), if available
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Salt To Taste
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- A pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
- 2 cups chicken broth / water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil to fry
How to make Chilli Chicken Recipe Indian Style:
- Take 1tbsp. Soya sauce, 1tbsp. corn flour, salt, egg in a bowl and marinate chicken pieces in the the mixture for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken pieces till golden brown.
- Now in a separate wok / kadhai heat 1 tbsp. oil and add garlic paste and green chilies and sauté for few seconds.
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth or water. Bring to boil and add sugar, pepper powder, salt , ajinomoto and remaining Soya sauce.
- Add fried chicken pieces to it and cook for few minutes.
- Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1/2 cup water and add to the curry stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve chilli chicken hot garnished with chopped green onion tops. Goes well with steamed / boiled rice.
Indian spice box chicken Ingredients:
- 50g fat green mild chillies (about 3 large ones)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 5cm piece of fresh root ginger
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- 200g carton of full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 medium onions
- 8 medium bone-in chicken thighs (total weight about 800g-1kg/1lb 12oz-2lb 4oz)
- 2 tbsp groundnut or corn oil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- a good knob of butter
- Chilli-ginger garnish , to serve (see below)
How to make Indian spice box chicken:
- Make the Chilli-ginger garnish (see right), before you start the chicken.
- Cut down the length of the green chillies, then remove the seeds by scraping them out with a teaspoon. You may want to wear rubber gloves for this job – fiery seeds can give the fingers a real chilli sting. Cut off the stalk ends, chop the chillies into rough pieces and put them in a blender or food processor. Peel and roughly chop the garlic and add to the chillies. Do the same with the ginger.
- Pick the leaves off the coriander and drop them into the blender as you go (reserve the stems for the garnish). Tip in the yogurt and blitz everything to a puree. This can take a few minutes and you may have to stop the blender a few times to scrape all the gunge down from the sides – a rubber spatula will make this job much easier.
- Peel, halve and thinly slice the onions. Pull the skin off the chicken, using kitchen paper to help you get a good grip. Heat the oil in a saute pan over a medium heat until hot – when you drop in a spice seed or two it should sizzle. Toss in the fennel and cumin seeds and let them crackle and pop for 10-20 seconds, stirring all the time so they don’t burn. They’re ready when you get a lovely whiff of warm nuts. If the oil starts to smoke, remove pan from the heat.
- Plop in the butter and let it melt, then throw in the sliced onions and turn the heat down a tad. Stir to mix the onions and spice seeds, then cook for about 10 minutes until the onions are meltingly soft and tinged golden brown. Give them a vigorous stir now and then, but don’t stir them too often or they won’t take on any colour.
- Push the onions to one side of the pan, then add the chicken thighs, smooth side down. Increase the heat to between medium and high and fry the chicken until it’s golden brown on both sides. This should take about 15-20 minutes and you will need to turn the pieces over halfway (a pair of tongs are good for this). Watch carefully in case the onions start to brown too much – if they do, pile them up on top of the chicken.
- Stir in some of the yogurt mixture and cook until it disappears – repeat a dollop at a time. Whizz 150ml/¼ pint cold water in the blender to use the last bits of the mixture and add to the pan with a pinch of salt. Stir until bubbling, scraping up any crispy bits. Reduce the heat to its lowest and cover the pan tightly. Simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is tender when pierced, stirring and turning halfway and adding a splash of hot water if the sauce is too dry. Serve sprinkled with finely chopped coriander stems and a little chilli garnish (put the rest in a bowl on the table).
Spicy Indian Omlette Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp besan flour
- 5 green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- coriander leaves
- 1 medium size tomato
- 2 medium size onions
How to make Spicy Indian Omlette:
- Beat the egg well. Keep it aside.
- Cut Onions, Tomato, Green Chillies and Coriander leaves.
- To the egg mixture add Finely cutted Onions, Tomato and Green Chillies and mix well.
- Add Besan flour to that mixture and mix well without any lumps.
- Heat the tawa pour the mixture and sprinkle ground pepper powder and finely cut coriander leaves and pour a teaspoon of oil and close it well.
- Turn over the Omelette and fry until done.
- Enjoy your Spicy Egg Omelette. Hope you love this Indian recipe.
Jodhpuri Kachori Ingredients:
For the covering
- 2 cup flour ( Maida )
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Oil for frying
For the filling
- 1 cup split gram daal ( chana daal )
- 2 onions ( chopped )
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds ( crushed )
- 1 teaspoon aniseed (saunf )
- A pinch of asafoetida ( hing )
- 1 teaspoon ginger ( grated )
- 1 teaspoon chilly powder
How to make Jodhpuri Kachori:
- Add oil and salt to the flour. Knead into a hard dough with water. Soak chana daal for 5-6 hours and then grind it to a thick coarse paste. Add onions and all other masalas. Mix well. Do not add salt.
- Make small balls with the dough. Hollow them out and fill in the chana dal mixture. Roll out in the shape of puris and deep –fry in the oil on a low flame till they are brown in colour. Serve hot.
Indian lamb cutlets Ingredients:
- 11?2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 11?2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- seeds from 6 green cardamom pods
- 3cm piece cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1?2-1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup (250g) natural yoghurt
- 16 small lamb cutlets (around 750g)
How to make Indian lamb cutlets:
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and dry-fry the seeds, cinnamon and cloves for 1 minute until fragrant. Cool. Grind to a powder in a spice blender or mortar and pestle. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli powder and grind to a paste. Transfer to a bowl and combine with the yoghurt.
- Place the cutlets in a non-metal dish and pour the yoghurt masala over. Stir to coat the lamb well.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours at room temperature or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill or barbecue to very hot then cook the cutlets for 2 minutes each side until browned.
Indian Salad Cucumber Tomato Ingredients:
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
How to make Indian Salad Cucumber Tomato:
- Combine tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions in a salad bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Chill.