250 gm Mutton
- 1 cup wheat, soaked overnight, drained, pounded & husked
- Channa dal (soaked for 1/2 hour)
- Moong dal (soaked for 1/2 hour)
- Masoor dal (soaked for 1/2 hour)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Haldi
- 2 Onions
- 1 teaspoon Dhania Powder
- 2 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 4 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Indian Haleem
- Heat 6-8 cups of water in a heavy bottomed dekchi.
- Bring boil to water, then add the drained dal, wheat and mutton along with the ginger and garlic paste, haldi, chili powder, dhania powder and salt.
- Cook over low heat till mutton is tender, stir and mash well.
- Add the crushed fried onion, heat oil and pour it over the Haleem.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, haleem is ready to serve.