Tamarind Beef Ingredients
All Spices 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves, chopped 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Icing Sugar 1 tbsp
- Ginger/Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Onion chopped 1
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Tomato Paste 2 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Green Chillies, sliced 2
- Water 2/3 cup
- Curry leaves 4
- Tamarind 125 gms
- Boneless Beef, cut in 1″ cube 750 gms
How to make Tamarind Beef Recipe
- Soak the tamarind overnight in water. Strain it and save the liquid.
- Put tamarind, tomato paste, icing sugar, ginger/garlic paste, salt and onion into a blender and mix to a smooth puree.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cumin and coriander seeds, mustard seeds and curry leaves, cook until the spices start popping.
- Stir the beef cubes into the spices and fry for four minutes until the meat is brown.
- Add chillies, all spices, tamarind mixture and reserved tamarind liquid and cook for 25 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Prep Time: 10 Mins + Overnight
Cook Time: 35 Mins