Recipes for hyderabadi
- Pasanday ½ kg
- Onion Fried 250 gm
- Yogurt 250 gm
- Green chilies 6
- Oil ½ cup
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Nutmeg powder ½ tsp
- Cumin 2 tsp
- Red chili powder 2 tsp
- Coriander powder 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Ginger sliced 1 tbsp
- Sesame seeds 1 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut 1 tbsp
- Peanut 1 tbsp
- Fresh coriander 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Hyderabadi Pasanday
- Roast 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp desiccated coconut, 1 tbsp peanut and 2 tsp cumin.
- Marinate pasanday with roasted seeds and coconut mixture. also add ½ tsp turmeric, 2 tsp red chili powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp ginger garlic paste, 250 gm fried onion, 250 gm yogurt, 1 tsp all spice powder and salt to taste.
- Now heat ½ cup oil in a pan, add marinated pasanday, cover and cook on low flame till meat tender.
- Now add 1 glass water and 6 green chilies. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with 1 tbsp sliced ginger.
Hyderabadi Pasanday is ready to serve.
Hyderabadi Fish Biryani Ingredients
1 kg basmati rice
- 1 lb fish roho (any white fish fillets)
- 2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 cloves
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 cardamon
- 4 cinnamon
- 1 tsp gram masala powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- saffron a pinch
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2 onions medium size
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 cup oil
- 1/2 cup pure ghee (Desi ghee)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
How to make Hyderabadi Fish Biryani
- Soak the rice in plenty of water on one hour.
- Soak the pounded saffron in the hot milk and set aside.
- Cut and wash the fish and boil in a cup of water with salt.
- Remove heat and keep set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry thinly sliced onions till golden brown, drain and keep set
- Now in a same oil add yogurt, tomato, mustard seeds, cumin, black pepper, red
chili powder, green chili paste, salt, turmeric powder, bay leaves, cardamon,
cinnamon, gram masala powder, cloves, ginger paste and garlic paste.
- Cook 15 minutes and fry the mixture until the oil start to separate.
- Now add boil fish in masala and mix well.
- Remove from heat and keep set aside.
- In a big pot bring water to boil, add the rice for boiling.
- Continue to cook till the rice almost done.
- It takes about 10 minutes on stove.
- Drain the rice and keep set aside.
- Put layers of rice, fried onions, and fish curry one by one with a last layer of rice
on top add saffron milk, pure ghee, fresh chopped coriander leaves and fresh
chopped mint leaves.
- Pot on a griddle and cook on high heat.
- When steam appears lower heat for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with thinly sliced lemon.
- Hydrabadi fish biryani is ready to serve, with mint chutney.
- Baked Fish Rolls is ready to serve.
Hyderabadi Tala Hua Gosht Ingredients
1/2 kg boneless meat, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cassia buds powder
- 1/2 tsp tenderiser
- 4 tbsp oil
- A few mint leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make Hyderabadi Tala Hua Gosht
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil, with the meat and marinate for two hours.
- Heat the oil. Fry the meat on a high flame.
- Sprinkle a little water and cook on a low flame till the meat is tender, keep adding water as required.
- When tender dry the excess water.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Hyderabadi Tala Hua Gosht is ready to serve.
Hyderabadi Dum Ka Chicken Ingredients:
- Chicken 1 kg
- Cinnamon 2 stick inch
- Green Cardamom 6 nos
- Black Cardamom 6 nos
- Cloves 4 nos
- Poppy Seeds (khus Khus) 1 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts 1 tbsp
- Sunflower Seeds (chironji) 1 tbsp
- Onion Browned 1 cup
- Green Chillies 3 nos
- Mint Leaves 1 tbsp
- Ginger Paste 1 tbsp
- Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Saffron 4-5 strands
- Coriander Leaves 1 tbsp
- Ginger (juliennes) 1 inch
- Lemon 2 nos
- Rose Water 1 tsp
- Mint Leaves few for garnish sprigs
- Oil 2 tbsps
How to make dum ka murgh:
- Crush together cinnamon, green cardamoms, cloves, black cardamoms.
- Soak khus khus, cashew nuts and chironji in warm water and then grind to a fine paste.
- Grind browned onions, 2-3 green chillies, mint leaves and water to fine paste.
- Take whipped curds and add cashew nut paste, ginger paste, garlic paste and mix well. Then add salt, red chilli powder, onion paste and mix again. Add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add saffron dissolved in water, finely chopped coriander leaves, ginger juliennes, lemon juice and freshly crushed garam masala and mix.
- Add rose water and mix.
- Let it marinate for half an hour.
- Transfer into a microwave ovenproof glass bowl. Cover with a lid or cling film on which make 2-3 holes.
- Cook in the microwave at micro high for 10 minutes. Lower the power to half and cook for another 10
Hyderabadi Dum ka Qeema Ingredients:
- 1 kg lean Mince (beef or lamb)
- 3 medium onion skinned & thinly sliced
- 1 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoon unripe green papaya (ground)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 7-8 whole red chili
- 2 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 piece coal
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped green coriander
- 1 teaspoon green chilies fine chopped
- 1 tablespoon roasted chick pea flour
How to make Hyderabadi Dum ka Qeema:
- Heat oil in a heavy based sauce pan. Add onions and stirring frequently, fry for 8-10 minutes to a light golden color. Remove onions from oil and fry the whole chillies just for a moment, otherwise they will burn. Reserve the oil and put the onions and whole chillies in a chopper or food processor and blend to a smooth paste without using water.
- Thoroughly wash the mince and squeeze out any water.
- Put the mince in a bowl. Add onion paste, ginger paste, salt, garam masala and yogurt. Knead the mixture really well for a few minutes with your hands until it is smooth.
- Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for about 3-4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. One hour before cooking mix in the ground papaya.
- Put the charcoal over medium flame, wait until the coal is fully red and is covered by white ash.
- Meanwhile place the mince in a metal pan. Make a well in the center. Put a small piece of aluminum foil in it. Place the burned coal over it and put 2-3 drops of oil on it. Cover it at once with a tight fitting lid and put aside for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out 12 cup of oil from the reserved oil. Reheat the oil in a heavy based pan. Discard the charcoal and fry the mince over low heat for 45 minutes. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15-20 minutes or until all excess moisture has absorbed.
- Transfer to a serving dish and decorate with onion ring, green chilli and coriander leaves.
Hyderabadi Dahi Baray Ingredients:
- 2 cups of White Lentils (Urad Dal) (skinned and split) (pre-soaked)
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- ½ tsp. Cumin Powder (Pisa Zeera)
- Plain Yogurt
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
- Chaat Masala (for garnish)
- Imli Chutney (for garnish)
How to make Hyderabadi Dahi Baray:
- Wash the lentils well in warm water. In a grinder, grind the lentils into a paste then add the rest of the spices. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Put cooking oil in a deep frying pan or karahi on high heat. Once the oil gets hot, turn the heat to medium and drop a tablespoon of mixture at a time in the oil and fry until golden brown. Then remove from oil and put the baray on a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- In a separate dish, beat the plain yogurt by adding a little water to form a paste. Add salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder. And whip well.
- Then take cold water in a separate bowl and put the baray in the water for a minute or so or until they are soft. Then squeeze the baray with your palms to drain out the water and add them to the prepared yogurt mix. Repeat this process until all baray mix is gone.
- Garnish with chaat masala and Imli Chutney . (Refrigerate until cold for better taste.)
Hyderabadi Mirchi ka salan Ingredients:
- green thick mirch 8 (keep in salt water for half an hour and drain)
- onion two chopeed
- ginger one inch grated
- garlic three grated
- coriander powder one tsp
- turmeric powder one tsp
- salt to taste
- cumin seeds one tsp
- coconut grated two tbsp
- tamarind pulp dissolved in water one and half cup
How to make Hyderabadi Mirchi ka salan:
- heat oil in wok
- fry the drained hari mirch till they change colour, keep aside
- add cumin seeds, once they start spluttering add chopped onions followed by ginger and garlic
- add turmeric powder, coriander powder, grated coconut and salt keep frying now add the fried hari mirch further fry for two minutes
- add the tamarind pulp dissolved in water
- cover and cook for a minute or two
Hyderabadi Zafrani Pulao Ingredients:
- 2 cups: Rice (long, grained)
- 1/2 cup: Sugar
- 4 tsp: Ghee
- 18-20: Almonds.
- 12-15: Cashew nuts.
- Pinch: Saffron.
- 1/4 tsp: Nutmeg Powder.
- 1/2 tsp: Green Cardamom Powder
How to make Hyderabadi Zafrani Pulao:
- Wash rice twice and soak in just enough water to cover it for half an hour. Drain excess water.
- Place almonds and cashew nuts in a flat microwave dish and cook, uncovered on Microwave medium (70%) for five minutes. Let them cool and thinly slice the almonds. Halve the cashew nuts.
- In a deep casserole, mix ghee and rice and cook, uncovered, on Microwave high (100%) for two minutes.
- Stir. Cook, uncovered on Microwave high (100%) for two minutes more.
- Mix nutmeg powder, green cardamom powder, saffron, raisins and sugar into the rice.
- Add three and a half cups of water and milk and stir once.
- Cover and cook on Microwave high (100%) for fifteen minutes.
- Allow standing time for five minutes.
- Garnish with almonds and cashew nuts. Serve hot.
Hyderabadi Vegetable Pulao Ingredients:
- 350 gms Basmati Rice
- 200 gms Potatoes
- 200 gms Carrots
- 100 gms Onions
- 4 Green Chilies
- 30 gms Ginger
- 20 gms Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 tsp Saffron
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1/3 cup Mint ( Pudina leaves )
- 1/3 cup Coriander Leaves
- 4 tsp Rose Water
- 50 gms Cashewnuts
- 50 gms Almonds
- 25 gms Raisins
- 120 gms Ghee
- Salt To taste
How to make hyderabad biryani:
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for half an hour. Drain the water. Put the rice, some more water and add half the whole garam masala and salt in a pan.
- Bring the rice to a boil and cook until the rice is done. Drain and keep aside.
- Dice the peeled potatoes and carrots and wash them. Slice the onions and green chilies.
- Peel ginger and garlic and chop finely. Chop the coriander and mint leaves.
- Soak the almonds in water for half an hour and keep aside.
- Beat the curd in a bowl and divide into two equal portions.
- Dissolve saffron in warm milk and add it to one portion of the curd mixture.
- Heat ghee, add the remaining garam masala and sauté over medium heat until it begins to crackle.
- Add onions until golden brown. Then add green chilies, ginger, garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add turmeric and chili powder, saute for half a minute add the chopped vegetables and stir for a minute.
- Add the portion of plain curd, stir, add 2/3 cup water, and bring to a boil, then simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the dry fruits and nuts when the vegetables are done.
- In the handi with the cooked vegetables, sprinkle little saffron curd, mint and coriander.
- Then spread half the rice and again sprinkle the remaining saffron-curd, mint and coriander and top it with the remaining rice.
- Place a moist cloth on top, cover the lid tightly so that it gets sealed.
- Put the handi on dum in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the hyderabadi biryani hot with mint chutney and other vegtables.
Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani Ingredients:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 Onions
- 2 cups diced vegetables (Beans, peas, potato, carrots, etc)
- 1 cup thick curds
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 big onion
- 3 green chillies
- 2 cloves
- 1″ piece cinnamon
- 1″ piece ginger
- 2 tsps dry coconut
- 2 pods garlic
- 2 cardamoms
- 7 cashew nuts
- 2 tsps Khus-khus(poppy seeds)
- 1 tsp Biriyani Masala
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp ghee
How to make Hyderabadi Vegetable Biryani:
- Wash the rice. Soak it for 10 minutes. Drain all water and keep aside. Heat 1/2 tsp ghee on a medium flame, add rice and fry for 5 mins.
- Grind all the masala ingredients in a blender and grind them to fine paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions. Add ginger garlic paste and stir fry for few mins. Add masala paste and fry some time (wait for oil to separate).
- Then add all diced vegetables and fry for some more time till the vegetables are tender. Take curds and beat them nicely. Add these curds along with one cup of water (as required) to cook rice, and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and fried rice, cover the lid and reduce flame. Cook till done.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and fried cashews and serve hot.