Hungarian Flourless Hazelnut Cake Ingredients
12 ounces hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 egg yolks
- 5/8 cup white sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 cup chopped hazelnuts, for garnish
How to make Hungarian Flourless Hazelnut Cake
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch
springform pan. Grind hazelnuts until very fine. Add baking powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar until pale yellow in color. Beat
in the ground hazelnut mixture.
- In a separate CLEAN bowl, with a CLEAN whisk, whip the egg whites until stiff.
Quickly fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture, then add the remaining
whites and fold in until no streaks remain.
- Pour into a 9 inch springform. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or
until top of cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool on wire rack.
- When cake is cool, slice horizontally into 3 layers. Whip the cream until stiff, and
spread generously between layers, on top and on the sides of the cake. Sprinkle
chopped hazelnuts on top for decoration.
Hungarian Flourless Hazelnut Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr
Ready In:1 Hr 30 Min