Recipes for honey
Chicken nuggets Ingredients:
- 8 oz. chicken breast halves, skinned, boned and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 c. bread crumbs, finely ground
- 1/4 tsp. each garlic and onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 egg mixed with 1/2 tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
How to make Chicken nuggets with honey mustard
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Beat egg and mix with chicken bouillon.
- Combine chicken, olive oil, garlic and ground pepper. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Combine bread crumbs and seasonings in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg and rol in breadcrumb mixture; place on large cookie sheet. Spray with olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine honey with mustard.
Chicken nuggets is ready to serve, dip nuggets into sauce.
Honey Almond Chicken Ingredients
6 bone-in chicken parts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
How to make Honey Almond Chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Arrange chicken parts in a baking dish.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook onion 5 minutes, until tender. Stir in honey, almonds, and lemon juice, and continue cooking 2 minutes, or until heated through. Pour over the chicken, coating each piece.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake chicken 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove foil, and continue baking 30 minutes, until chicken juices run clear.
- Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr 10 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 25 Min
Honey Mustard Steak Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup prepared brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 pounds top sirloin, lean
How to make Honey Mustard Steak Sauce
- Prepare an outdoor grill with an oiled rack set 6 inches from the coals. On a gas grill, set to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, apple juice, cinnamon and honey. Brush one side of the steak with the sauce. Grill and turn, adding more sauce.
- Grill to desired doneness: 14 minutes for rare (140 degrees F or 60 degrees C), 20 minutes for medium (160 degrees F or 70 degrees C), or 26 minutes for well done (170 degrees F or 75 degrees C) and serve.
- Honey Mustard Steak Sauce is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts Ingredients
1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pound skinless peanuts
How to make Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Stir together the sugar, chipotle powder, chili powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl; set aside.
- Stir together the butter, honey, and kosher salt in a large saucepan over medium heat until the butter has melted, and the mixture is bubbly. Stir in the peanuts until well coated, then pour out into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until the nuts are golden brown, about 30 minutes. Stir the mixture 2 or 3 times to ensure even cooking. Once done, scrape the peanuts into a large metal bowl, and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Toss the peanuts to evenly coat with the spice mixture. Allow the peanuts to cool to room temperature, tossing every few minutes so the nuts do not stick together.
- Chipotle Honey Roasted Peanuts is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:35 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 50 Min
Honey Graham Crackers Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
How to make Honey Graham Crackers
- Sift together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the margarine, brown sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Stir in the sifted ingredients alternating with the milk and vanilla. Cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Divide the chilled dough iinto quarters. On a well floured surface, roll the dough out one quarter at a time iinto a 5×15 inch rectangle. Divide into rectangles using a knife. Place rectangles ointo ungreased cookie sheets. Mark a line down the center of each one, and prick with a fork. For a cinnamon flavored cracker, sprinkle with a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Honey Graham Crackers is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:8 Hrs 30 Min
Honey Mustard Gammon Wedges Ingredients
2-3 medium potatoes e.g. Maris Piper
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 x 175g gammon steaks
- 2 medium eggs
How to make Honey Mustard Gammon Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas mark 6.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into wedges and place in a medium sandwich bag with the oil and seasoning. Shake well to coat. Transfer to a non-stick baking tray and bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, mix the honey and mustard together and spread over the gammon steaks. Place under the grill, preheated to a medium heat, and cook for 7-8 mins, turning once.
- For the perfect poached egg, add the eggs, gently, to a pan of boiling water, reduce the heat to a simmer and poach for 2-3 mins or slightly longer for a firmer result.
- Top the gammon steak with the egg and place the wedges to the side.
- Serve with peas.
- Honey Mustard Gammon Wedges Recipe is ready to serve.
Honey Donuts Ingredients
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1½ cups honey
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make Honey Donuts
- Cream vegetable shortening, honey, and sugar well together.
- Add eggs well beaten and mix well.
- Add milk, lemon extract, flour, salt, soda, and cream of tartar.
- Mix and turn out on baking board.
- Roll out and cut with doughnut cutter or with a round cookie cutter.
- Fry in a deep pot of hot vegetable shortening for 4-5 minutes. The temperature of the vegetable shortening is right if a piece bread browns in sixty seconds.
- Sufficient for sixty-five doughnuts.
- Honey Donuts Recipe is ready to serve.
Spicy Honey Chicken Wings Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard (dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 chicken drummettes
How to make Spicy Honey Chicken Wings:
- Mix all ingredients except chicken in rectangular baking dish, 11 X 7 X 1 1/2 inches. Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Uncover baking dish and bake 45 to 60 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest piecesare cut.
- Spicy Honey Chicken Wings is ready to serve.
Ready in: 2-5 hrs
yield: 1 dozen
Chinese Honey Chilli Chicken Ingredients:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 green onions
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp hot chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups peanut oil
How to make Chinese Honey Chilli Chicken:
- Remove all of the fat from the chicken and cut each breast into large 2 inch or so pieces and set them aside.
- Peel and grate the piece of ginger and set it aside.
- In a large cup mix together the hot water and honey. Stir thoroughly until the honey dissolves. Then add the lemon juice, hot chili garlic sauce, and soy sauce and stir until everything is well blended. Set this sauce mixture aside.
- In a small cup mix the cornstarch with just a little bit of water to dissolve and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Toss the chicken pieces in the flour mixture making sure to coat them thoroughly.
- In a large non stick pot or wok heat the peanut oil on high. Once the oil reaches 375 degrees, begin frying the chicken.
- Add several chicken pieces at a time making sure not to over crowd the wok. Cook them for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to drain.
- Once all of the chicken is cooked remove all of the oil from the wok except for 1 tablespoon. Heat this oil again on high.
- Once the oil is hot, add the ginger and stir fry it for 1 minute. Quickly add the sauce mixture and bring it to a boil, about 1 minute.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until thick.
- Add the green onions and chicken pieces and stir until all of the chicken is coated and heated through, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with either white or fried rice. Makes 3 servings.
Honey Orange Roast Chicken Ingredients:
- 1.2kg chicken thigh fillets
- 80ml (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) honey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- Finely chopped fresh chives, to serve
How to make Honey Orange Roast Chicken:
- Place the chicken in an ovenproof dish. Add the orange juice, honey, oil, garlic, coriander, cumin and turmeric and gently toss until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the orange over the top of the chicken. Roast in the oven, basting with pan juices, for 45 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Place on a serving platter and top with chives to serve.