Recipes for Hari
Keema Hari Mirch Ingredients:
- 1 kilogram Ground Beef (Keema) (lean & minced)
- 3 medium Onions (finely sliced)
- 2 medium Onions (cut in large pieces)
- 125 grams of Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (split & de-seeded)
- 25 grams of Garlic (Lehsan) (peeled & shredded)
- A bunch of Fresh Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania) (chopped)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric Powder (Pisi Haldi)
- ½ tsp. Cumin Seeds (Sufaid Zeera)
- 60 ml of Plain Yogurt
- 50 to 100 grams of Clarified Butter (Ghee) or Cooking Oil
How to make Keema Hari Mirch:
- With the minced beef combine the plain yogurt , salt, turmeric powder and cumin seeds and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook the sliced onions until they are brown in color. Add the minced mixture and saute well. Pour in about 400 ml of water in the mixture. Simmer until the water is half reduced. then add in the green chillies, onion chunks and garlic.
- Continue cooking until all of the liquid evaporates and the meat is tender. Finally garnish with limejuice and coriander.
Dahi Wali Hari Mirch Ingredients:
- Big Green Chillies 125 gms
- Oil 4 TBsp
- Garlic finely chopped 4-6
- Zeera 2 TBsp
- Salt to taste
- Rai 1/4 tsp
- Kalonji 1/4 tsp
- Methidana 1/4 tsp
- Tamerind (Imli) water 1/2 cup
- Yogurt 3/4 cup
How to make Dahi Wali Hari Mirch:
- Put one cut lenghtwise in each of the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put garlic & zeera. Mix. Add Green chillies & mix well. Add rai, kalonji, methidana & salt. Mix & saute. Don’t get it burnt, put little water & cover lid to simmer on low heat. Add imli water & yogurt. Cover lid again, till green chillies become soft.
- When soft, open lid & cook to dry yogurt and a little curry is left.
- It is ready to serve.