Home / Tag Archives: halwa
Papaya Halwa Ingredients:
- Ripe papaya (cut into small pieces) – 2 tea cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cashewnuts – few
How to make Papaya Halwa:
- In a kadai put one teaspoon ghee and fry the cashew nuts and keep it. Same kadai put the rice flour and fry slightly and remove it.
- Boil milk and cool it. Add fried rice flour to the cold milk and stir well. Keep aside. (Rice flour is added to get the halwa thicken quickly). Use thick milk.
- Put the papaya pieces in a mixie and grind it to a smooth puree.
- Pour this puree in a thick bottomed vessel and stir continuously for seven to ten minutes.
- Then add sugar and mix well. Taste it for sweetness now and if require you can add little more sugar.
- Stir continuously till it blends well with the puree.
- Now add milk and stir continously for five to ten minutes.
- Add one or two teaspoon of ghee and mix well.
- Keep it on medium flame and stir continuusly adding little ghee now and then till it leaves the sides of the vessel and become thick.
- Add cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts and mix well.
- Remove from stove and transfer it to a greased plate or bowl.
Sooji Halwa Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup sooji (rava, semolina flour)
- 1/4 cup ghee (clear butter)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2cup water
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds for garnish
How to make Sooji Halwa:
- Boil the water with sugar, and cardamom powder in a pan over low medium heat. Bring to a boil and Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add sooji and roast to golden brown color; stirring constantly this will take about 5 to 8 minutes. Sooji will be golden brown in color and will have a light sweet aroma.
- Add the syrup slowly, as you add the syrup to sooji water will splatter.
- Turn down the heat to medium low and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Sooji will absorb the water, as the Halwa cools so keep Halwa a little more softer then you want.
Garnish with almonds.
Shakarkandi Halwa Ingredients:
- 200 gms Sweet Potato
- 100 gms Sugar
- 75 gms Khoya
- 50 gms Ghee
- 2 tbsp Nuts (chopped)
How to make Shakarkandi Ka Halwa:
- Remove the skin of the potatoes. Boil them in a pressure cooker, put off the flame once boiled.
- Allow the potatoes to cool, and then grate them.
- Take ghee in a pan on medium flame and add the grated sweet potato.
- Saute the shakarkandi in ghee for five minutes.
- Now add khoya with sugar and cook for ten minutes.
- Garnish halwa with chopped nuts.
- Shakarkandi ka Halwa is ready to serve.
Suji Halwa Ingredients:
- 1 cup Suji
- 1 cup Ghee
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Cardamoms, crushed
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
How to make Suji Ka Halwa:
- In a pan, mix water and sugar and put them to boil.
- In another pan, heat ghee. Once heated, add suji and fry until it turns golden brown.
- Add cardamom, raisins and almonds to the fried suji. Mix it well.
- Now, add the sugar syrup to the mixture. Keep stirring while adding the syrup to avoid the formation of lumps.
- As the mixture starts to froth, remove it from the flame. The sumptuous suji ka halwa is ready to be savored!!
Rava Payasam Ingredients:
- 1 litre Milk
- 100 gms Wheat Rava
- 200 gms Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cashew Nut
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Raisins
How to make Rava Payasam:
- Heat little ghee in a frying pan.
- Fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Fry wheat rava in the remaining ghee until the raw flavor gets lost.
- Boil 2 measures of water in a thick vessel.
- Add fried wheat rava and cook. Add sugar.
- Allow the mixture to boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the flame.
- Boil and add the milk to payasam.
- Mix cashewnuts, raisins and cardamom powder.
- Rava Payasam is ready to serve.
Rava Ladoo Ingredients:
- 1 cup semolina (rava / suji)
- 1 cup sugar (cheeni)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tblsp currants (kishmish)
- 1 tblsp cashewnuts (kaju)
- 3 tsp pure ghee
How to make rava ladoo:
- Cut the cashew nuts.
- Wash and dry the currants.
- Heat up a little ghee and lightly fry them.
- Keep aside.
- Heat up ghee in a deep pot and fry the semolina (suji) on low heat up till it turns light brown in colour.
- Then mix in sugar and milk and stir fry till the mixture becomes sticky.
- Mix in the cashew nuts and raisins to the mixture.
- Take off the pot from heat up and form the dough into small balls.
- Serve when cool and dry.
Rava Kesari Ingredients:
- Rava: 1 cup
- sugar: 1.5-2 cups
- cashewnuts: 10-12
- raisins: 15-20
- ghee: 4 tbsp or more
- orange food color (kesari): a pinch
- saffron: a pinch (optional)
- cloves: 3-4 (optional)
How to make Rava Kesari:
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a thick bottomed pan, fry the broken cashews and raisins (and optional cloves) and keep aside.
- Add another tbsp of ghee and fry the rava to a light pink color and keep aside.
- Heat 3 cups of water in the same pan, add the coloring and the saffron when it comes to a boil.
- Add the rava slowly, constantly stirring, and mix well.
- Allow the rava to be cooked at medium heat.
- The rava has to cook well.
- When it is fully cooked, add the sugar and stir well.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved, add the remaining ghee.
- Keep stirring until the rava starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with the fried cashews and raisins and cardamom powder.
- 8 Rasgulla Logs
- 1 recipe Sandesh
- 5 strands Saffron (soaked in 1 tbsp Milk)
- 1/2 tbsp Almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp Pistachios (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 Fresh Banana Leaves
- 1 tbsp Pistachio Slivers (garnishing)
- 2 drops Saffron Food Color (garnishing)
How to make Rasmadhuri:
- Make 8 boxes out of banana leaf boxes. Keep the boxes aside.
- Make rasgulla logs, following the instructions given in the recipe. Drain the syrup and slit the rasgulla logs from the middle, to divide them into two equal parts. Keep them aside.
- Divide the sandesh into two equal parts.
- Add saffron milk, chopped nuts and cardamom powder in one portion of sandesh and mix all the ingredients well. Divide the mixture into 8 portions and keep aside.
- Add milk to the other portion of sandesh. Mix well to make a smooth mixture.
- Sandwich one portion of the saffron-sandesh mixture between the two slit parts of each rasgulla log and put them in the banana leaf boxes.
- Top each box with the sandesh milk mixture. Fill the box completely with the mixture and smoothen the upper surface using the back of a knife.
- Garnish with pistachios silvers and lines of saffron color.
- Serve rasmadhuri chilled.
- 1/2 Litre milk
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tsp Rose essence or cardamom powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Cup Sugar
How to make Rasgulla:
- Take a pan and heat milk in it. Bring it to a boil.
- Add lemon juice, stirring slowly and gently till cheese separates from the milk.
- Now turn off the heat and strain it through a strainer.
- Make sure all the water from the cheese is drained.
- Now knead it to make soft dough.
- Combine flour with it and knead again.
- Make small rounded balls from the dough, keep aside.
- The balls should not have any cracks in it.
- Now combine sugar and water in a saucepan and boil it.
- Add cheese balls to the syrup and cook it for about 30 minutes with lid partially covered.
- Add rose essence or cardamom powder and turn the heat off.
- Allow to cool and serve .
- 200 gms Cottage cheese
- 1/2 kg Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Saffron (soaked in milk)
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Almonds
- Yellow colour
- 2 tbsp Cardamom powder
How to make Raj Bhog:
- Mix cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios and cardamom powder.
- Blend it well in mixie to make a powdered mixture.
- Add saffron milk and make a paste.
- Make small balls from this nut paste.
- Cut cheese into two parts
- Add saffron and colour to one part and keep the other part white.
- Make small balls from both the parts.
- Place a nut ball inside the white cheese balls.
- Cover this with coloured cheese balls.
- Prepare sugar syrup.
- Boil the cheese balls in syrup over medium flame.
- Cook it for more 20 minutes.
- Keep it for cooling.
- Serve with sugar syrup.