Recipes for halwa
Looking for authentic halwa Recipes? EvernewRecipes has +3,000 trusted halwa Recipes, all created, tested, reviewed and approved by home cooks. Find recipes for healthy, quick and easy halwa Recipes.Sponsored Links:
Bread Halwa Ingredients
- Bread 1/2 pack
- Butter 1/2 cube
- Ghee 6 to 7 spoons
- Sugar 1 cup or according to your taste
- Milk 1 cup
How to make Bread Halwa
- Cut bread into pieces and in a big pan put 1 spoon of ghee and put the bread pieces and fry till light brown.
- Pour 1 cup of milk to it and mix well and add sugar 1 cup or according to your taste and keep mixing and keep the flame in medium always.
- Put 1/2 cube butter and mix well. Cook till it becomes like halwa. This will be good for nearly 2 weeks but you will have to keep it in fridge. Whenever you have it, make it a little hot and eat. It will be really good.
Bread Halwa Recipe is ready to serve.
Ghee — Two tblsp
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Sooji/Semolina – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar — 1/2 cup
- Saffron Strands — 1/4 tsp, soaked within 3 tblsp of warm milk
- Seedless Raisins – 1 tblsp
- Almonds and Pistachios – 1 tblsp, blanched, peeled as well as finely sliced
How to make Sooji ka Halwa
- Heat the heat in a large bottomed skillet upon moderate heat.
- When hot, add the actual cardamom coffee pods.
- Include the sooji as well as fry it upon low heat for 4 to 5 moments until this turns mild brown.
- Add the actual milk and also the sugar.
- Stir vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Prepare for about 6 to 7 minutes, stirring all the while, till the actual milk is absorbed.
- Include the actual saffron strands and permit it to simmer for some moments.
- Enhance along with raisins, almonds as well as pistachios.
- Serve cold or hot.
Sooji ka Halwa is ready to serve.
Corn Flour – One hundred gms
- Sugar — Three hundred gms
- Ghee — Five tblsp
- Milk – Three tblsp
- Cashewnuts – 10
- Almonds — 8, chopped
- Pistachio — Two teaspoon
- Green Cardamom — 5, powdered
- Sugar Syrup as required
How to make Corn Halwa
- Add milk as well as ghee with sufficient water within corn flour.
- Blend with each other.
- Fry cashewnuts within ghee.
- Pour the actual corn flour mixture within sugar syrup.
- Mix until the mix leaves the sides from the pan.
- Include cashewnuts, almonds, pistachio as well as green cardamom powder.
- Pour into a ghee covered dish.
- Let it awesome and hang.
- Reduce into square formed pieces.
Corn Halwa is ready to serve.
Potatoes – 4
- Ghee — 1/4 cup
- Sugar — 3/4 cup
- Milk — 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder — One teaspoon
- A few strands of saffron
How to make Aloo Halwa
- Boil, peel off as well as mash the potatoes.
- Heat the actual ghee inside a heavy kadai.
- Include the crushed potatoes as well as mix fry on the low flame.
- Maintain stirring continuously.
- When the halwa starts leaving the edges of the pan, add the sugar as well as milk.
- Prepare on a reduced flame before sugar touches.
- Dissolve the actual saffron inside a small milk.
- Add to the halwa combined with the cardamom powder.
- Blend well.
- Function warm.
Aloo Halwa is ready to serve.
Jack fruit pieces – 2 cups or 20-25 pieces
- Jaggery – One hundred gm
- Ghee — Three teaspoon
- Milk — 1 cup
- Cardamom pods — 3 to 4
How to make Jackfruit Halwa
- Mill jack fruit together with jaggery, cardamom, as well as milk to a good paste.
- Move this particular paste to a kadai and stirring till it gets to halwa consistency.
- Lastly add ghee in order that it doesn’t stick to the sides
Jackfruit Halwa is ready to serve.
Almonds — 500gms, blanched, chopped
- Ghee — One and a halfcup
- Milk — 1 cup
- Sugar — 3 cups
- Green Cardamom Powder — 1 tsp
- Saffron – the few strands
- Silver Leaf, optional
How to make Badam Ka Halwa
- In a food processor, mill the actual almonds with a little milk to make a good paste.
- Heat the actual ghee inside a large bottomed skillet.
- Include the almond paste as well as prepare over moderate warmth until light golden.
- Add the actual milk and sugar, prepare over medium heat with regard to 10 to 15 minutes till the moisture evaporates after which mixture becomes heavy.
- Remove from heat, include the actual green cardamom powder and saffron.
- To serve cold, spread on a greased holder, reduce in to small squares as well as decorate along with slice leaf.
- To serve hot, ladle individual servings onto dessert dishes as well as enhance with silver leaf.
Badam Ka Halwa is ready to serve.
Water — Six litres
- Refined Flour – 1/2 kilograms
- Jaggery – One 3/4 kilograms
- Coconut Milk — Twelve cups, extracted from three medium size coconuts
- Ghee – Two hundred and fifty gms
- Sugar — 1/2 cup
- Cardamom Powder — 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut Slivers — One hundred gms
How to make Black Halwa (Karutha Aluva)
- Using 2 cups water, knead the actual flour well to create a gentle dough.
- Reserve Three cups of water and add the remainder a little at any given time towards the dough to create thin batter.
- Stress the player through a muslin fabric to get rid of any protuberances.
- Set aside for some hours as well as decant the clean liquid in the top.
- Melt the jaggery in Six glasses of water and strain.
- Mix the actual player, jaggery syrup as well as coconut milk with each other inside a heavy vessel.
- The actual consistency should be that of milk.
- Bring to steam mixing continuously, till quite heavy.
- Mix in the ghee within small amounts, mixing all the time, till the mixture types the soft golf ball.
- Include sugar, cardamom powder as well as half the actual cashewnut slivers.
- Prepare more than low warmth till the ghee sets apart.
- Remove through fire and pour right into a greased tray.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cashewnut slivers on top and smooth the surface.
Black Halwa (Karutha Aluva) is ready to serve.
125 gms moong dal
- 75 gms unsweetened khoya
- 100 gms sugar
- 25 gms each of almonds, cashewnuts as well as raisins
- 4 dry dates
- One teaspoon cardamom powder
- few drops of essence associated with rose
- silver foil
How to make Dal Halwa
- Soak dry dates within drinking water for Fifteen minutes. Drain water as well as cut finely.
- Fry nuts as well as raisins and cut them.
- Soak dal whole night within water.
- Next early morning drain out the water as well as grind coarsely.
- Warmth Four tblsp ghee as well as fry the actual dal to some gold colour
Make the khoya and upon mixing till the khoya too becomes golden.
- Add sugar as well as carry on stirring until the actual sugar is actually mixed and absorbed by the halwa.
- Add the actual nuts, essence and cardamom powder.
- Remove from fire and function cold or hot covered with foil.
Dal Halwa is ready to serve.
Maida – 1 cup (One hundred gms)
- Sugar — One 1/2 cups
- Kesar colour – little
- Ghee — 1/2 cup
- Broken cashewnuts — One tblsp
- Melon seeds – One tblsp
- Lemon juice — 1 tsp
How to make Bombay Halwa
- Prepare a heavy money through maida with the addition of just enough drinking water.
- Put One 1/4 cup drinking water in a charter boat, put this dough within the water to soak with regard to 1/2 an hour or so.
- Blend this particular with hands lightly, to ensure that milky draw out originates from the money.
- Little strong shiny jell such as material, which comes to hand should be removed.
- Strain the whole milk through a capable filter.
- Maintain closed for the reason that charter boat for 6 to 8 hrs without disturbing this in between.
- Remove the actual clear water, which occurs top carefully inside a separate vessel.
- Add half cup of the drinking water to the sugar and keep it on fire in a large kadai.
- Stir until 1 string consistency is reached.
- Thin down the sediment with little more fresh water as well as put in to the cooking syrup stirring continuously.
- Add lemon juice, colour and mix continuously until it might be really heavy and clear.
- Add 1 / 2 of the actual ghee and mix till this will get absorbed into halwa.
- Pour remaining ghee as well as stir again until this gets soaked up.
- Stir continuously again till it simply leaves away ghee and the halwa turns into a thick golf ball such as mass in the centre associated with kadai.
- Eliminate from fire. Add toast nut products as well as cardamom natural powder.
- Mix with regard to One or two moments as well as put on a greased burfi holder.
- Cut into items following 1/2 an hour or so.
Bombay Halwa is ready to serve.
Whole wheat (wheat grains) — One and a halfcup
- Sugar — 1 as well as 1/2 cups (increase/decrease in order to suit your taste)
- Cardamom – 4 nos
- Ghee — 4 tablespoons (increase/decrease to suit your taste)
- Saffron colour — One and a halfpinch
- With regard to garnishing
- 1/2 cup chopped dry fruits such as cashew, badam as well as pista lightly fried by 50
- percent teaspoon ghee
How to make Gothumai Halwa
- Clean and soak the actual wheat for 12 hrs.
- Grind in a mixie adding One and a halfcup drinking water. Strain through a seive to obtain a thick milk. Mill once again adding Another cup of water as well as strain again.
- You’ll be omitted with only the husk in the seive. Add sufficient drinking water in order to press away all of the whole milk.
- Put the actual whole milk in to a heavy bottomed skillet, add sugar as well as prepare on the reduced flame. Keep stirring continously.
- Include the ghee when the halwa begins thickenng. Add the actual cardamom powder and the saffron colour. Mix well.
- Prepare till you can roll the halwa right into a ball with your fingertips.
- Include chopped dryfruits sauted in ghee. Spread on a greased plate. let it awesome as well as cut into preferred form.
Gothumai Halwa is ready to serve.