Gujarati dahi baray Ingredients:
Gujarati dahi baray Recipe
- Urad daal – 1 cup
- Moong daal – 2 tablespoon
- Yogurt – 4 cups
- Zeera – 2 tablespoon
- Tamarind chutney.
- Dry red chillies – 3-4
- Coriander leaves- a small bunch
- Sugar – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
How to make Gujarati dahi baray:
- Soak both the daals overnight or 6-8 hours, grind it to smooth paste.
- Now take the curd and beat it nicely with a spoon along with salt and 1/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- Fry zeera and the red chillies without oil and grind it to powder, add this to the beaten curd with very little water.
- Now fry the baras in oil, and as soon as you take it out put the baras in warm water for 5-10 second, after that take the baras out and squeeze any excess water with hand and put it in the curd.
- Finally, you can garnish your dahi bara with coriander leaves. If you like you can add mustard, jeera, curry leaves and asafoetida seasoning to this.
- To make this dahi vada more appealing you can garnish little tomato ketchup and date and tamarind chutney.