Recipes for greek
Greek Style Fish Fillets Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 pound firm white fish fillets
- 1 3/4 cups frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
How to make Greek Style Fish Fillets
- HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in tomatoes and juice and bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally, until bouillon is dissolved.
- PLACE fish over sauce; spoon some sauce over fish. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- DISTRIBUTE beans and olives over fish; cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Greek Style Fish Fillets is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Greek Meatballs Ingredients
4 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion, quartered
- 4 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour for dredging
- vegetable oil for frying
How to make Greek Meatballs
- Moisten the bread pieces with the milk in a large bowl, and set aside. Mince the garlic in a food processor, then add the onion, mint, salt, and pepper. Process until the onion is finely chopped. Add the onion mixture to the bowl with the moist bread, along with the beef, lamb, and eggs. Mix with your hands until thoroughly blended.
- Roll the mixture into balls measuring 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. Place the flour in a shallow pan, and roll the balls in the flour to coat. Shake off any excess flour, and place the meatballs onto a plate or baking sheet, pressing to flatten slightly. This will keep them from rolling away.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs, 8 or 10 at a time, and cook until nicely browned on the outside, and no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes; drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Greek Meatballs is ready to serve.
Prep Time:25 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:55 Min
Greek Fava Bean Dip Ingredients:
2 pounds of dried fava beans
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/4 – 1cup of olive oil (for mashed fava)
- chopped onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
How to make Greek Fava Bean Dip
- Soak the fava beans overnight in water. Rinse well. Shell the beans by cutting off the black eye of the bean and slipping off the skin. Discard any beans that didn’t soften slightly and expand during soaking.
- Transfer beans to a large pot and add minced onion. Cover with water and add 2 inches more water. Boil, covered, over medium heat until the beans are very soft, about one hour. Allow to cool for 15-30 minutes.
- For mashed fava, cook until most of the water has been absorbed, and the beans are mushy. Add salt and pepper, and enough olive oil until creamy. Mash the fava and set aside to cool completely.
- For puréed fava (photo), cook fava until the beans are soft, then purée the fava and return to the pot to low heat. Cook uncovered until it thickens to the consistency of ketchup. Transfer to a large serving dish or individual plates and allow to cool completely.
- When the fava has cooled, refrigerate to chill and set before serving, or serve at room temperature.
- Greek Fava Bean Dip is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad Ingredients
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
How to make Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad
- Combine the beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, olives, cheese, salad dressing, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Toss together and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Serve chilled.
- Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad is ready to serve.
Prep Time:10 Min
Ready In:2 Hrs 10 Min
Greek Salad Omelette Ingredients:
- 10 eggs
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion , cut into wedges
- 3 tomatoes , chopped into large chunks
- large handful black olives , (pitted are easier to eat)
- 100g feta cheese , crumbled
How to make Greek Salad Omelette:
- Heat the grill to high. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt, if you want. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges. Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins. Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden. Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.
Greek tomato fritters Ingredients:
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint or fresh basil, finely chopped
- sunflower or canola oil for frying
How to make Greek tomato fritters:
- Combine all ingredients except flour in a bowl. Add enough flour to make a thick batter.
- Heat 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oil in a nonstick frying pan. When the oil is hot, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the oil and fry until browned. Turn once to brown on both sides.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper towels.
Greek Pasta Salad Ingredients:
1 package rotini pasta or 1 package fusilli
- 1 can sliced olive, , drained
- 1 can artichoke heart, drained & quartered (I prefer packed in water)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cucumber, peeled,halved & sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package feta cheese, drained & crumbled
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper
How to make Greek Pasta Salad
- Boil pasta according to directions, drain.
- In a small bowl prepare dressing and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pasta with prepared vegetables, toss and then add crumbled feta cheese.
- Add the dressing and stir.
- Best if allowed to refidgerate for an hour before serving.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Greek Salad Ingredients
2 head of lettuce
- 16 black olives, stoned
- 225 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 11/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp oregano, dried
Greek salad Dressing
- 150 ml olive oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sugar
- slat, black pepper
How to make Greek Salad
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Tear the leaves into bite size pieces. Place the lettuce in a salad bowl and arrange the remaining ingredients on top of it.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Serves 8 – 10