Recipes for grape
Grape Chicken Pasta Salad Ingredients
- 2 cups macaroni, or other pasta, cooked
- 1-2 cups chicken or turkey, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup grapes, washed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, or nuts of your choice
- 3/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, for garnish
How to make Grape Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta, and chicken (or turkey). Cool and chill. Mix salad dressing and Cool Whip. Toss the pasta, chicken, grapes, nuts, celery and onion together in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and Cool Whip mixture. Toss to coat the salad evenly. Sprinkle the top with paprika. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Grape Chicken Pasta Salad is ready to serve.
Curried Cashew Pear and Grape Salad Ingredients
3/4 cup cashew halves
- 4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1/2 medium Bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
How to make Curried Cashew Pear and Grape Salad
- In a large, dry skillet over medium-high heat, toast cashews until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove cashews to a dish to cool slightly.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, cook bacon strips until crisp on both sides, about 7 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and soak up grease with a paper towel. Coarsely chop bacon, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together butter, rosemary, curry powder, brown sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, and toasted cashews. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together white wine vinegar, mustard, and honey. Slowly whisk in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large salad bowl, toss dressing with greens, pear slices, grapes, and bacon, and sprinkle with nut mixture.
- Curried Cashew Pear and Grape Salad recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Strawberry Lemon Trifle Ingredients
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nonfat lemon yogurt
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or water
- 1 (10 inch) prepared angel food cake
How to make Strawberry Lemon Trifle
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add the milk, pudding mix and lemon peel; beat until smooth.
- In a blender, process 1/2 cup strawberries and grape juice until smooth.
- Tear cake into 1-in. cubes; place a third in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining strawberries. Drizzle with half of the strawberry sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Strawberry Lemon Trifle is ready to serve.
Yield 14 servings
Angoor ka Murabba Ingredients:
- 2 cups finely chopped raw mango
- 1/4 cup grated raw mango
- 2 cups (400 grams) sugar
- 2 tbsp Sambhaar
- 2 tbsp peeled and sliced almonds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (khus-khus)
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make Angoor ka Murabba:
- Combine the sugar with 3 cups of water and cook till the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mango pieces and grated mangoes and cook over a slow flame (approximately 25 to 30 minutes), stirring occasionally till the sugar syrup is of one string consistency and the mango pieces are soft and translucent.
- Add the sambhaar, almonds, poppy seeds and salt and mix well.
- Allow to cool completely. Bottle in a sterilised glass jar. This can be stored for upto 1 year refrigerated.
Angoor Sharbat Ingredients:
- 1/2 x 3-inch piece of Orange Zest
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Seeds (Elaichi)
- 4 whole Cloves (Lavang)
- 6 cup Grape Juice (Angoor Ka Raas)
- 1/4th cup Honey (Shahad)
- 3-inch piece of Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini) Stick
- 2 cup sparkling Water
How to make angoor sharbat:
- Tie the zest, cardamom seeds and cloves in a small piece of cheese cloth.
- Place the juice and honey in a large stainless steel pan and bring it to near the boiling point over moderate heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the spice bag and cinnamon stick, cover, and set aside until the juice has cooled to tepid.
- Remove the spice bag and cinnamon stick and chill.
- Add the water before serving.
Grape juice – 2 cups
- Sugar – 4 cups
- Water – 2 cups
- Citric acid – 1 /12 tso
- Sodium benzoate – 2 pinches
- Tonovin – 1 1/2 cups (grape essence)
1. Select fresh, ripe juicy black variety grapes.
2. Separate the good ones alone from the bunch and wash thoroughly under running tap water.
3. Keep in a perforated bowl for sometime for the water to drain away.
4. Take it in a vessel and crush ir lightly using wooder masher.
5. Cook it in reduced flame in that liquid itself for few minutes.
6. Remove from fire, cool down and put in a mixie.
7. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds and skin.
8. Measure the juice.
9. Heat sugar, water and citric acid together to boiling point.
10. Filter the syrup and cool it.
11. Mix this syrup, juice, essence and preservative together.
12. Fill in sterilized dry bottles leaving 1 inch head space with air tight cork.
13. Dilute with three times ice cold water and serve.
- 1 cup black grapes washed & cleaned
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 250 ml. milk well chilled
- 2-3 scoops vanilla or black currant icecream (optional)
How to make Grape Milkshake
- Add 1/2 cup water to each, grapes and sugar, separately.
- Boil grapes for 3-4 minutes, or till soft. Cool.
- Boil sugar, water till a drop pressed between fingers feels sticky (1 thread consistency)
- Blend grapes till smooth, sieve.
- Add to sugar syrup, boil and simmer further for 5 minutes.
- Cool very well.
- Just before serving, blend grape concentrate and milk till frothy.
- Pour into transparent glasses.
- Top with a scoop of vanilla or black currant icecream if desired.
- Serve immediately.