Recipes for gobi
Chinese Gobi Manchurian Ingredients:
- 1 medium Gobhi (Cauliflower)
- 3/4 cup Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 Chopped green chili
- 11/2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 11/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 cup finely Chopped Onions
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/4th tsp Ajinomoto
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Oil
How to make Chinese Gobi Manchurian:
- Make a paste of maida, corn flour and salt using water.
- Take a tsp. of ginger and garlic paste, add it to the paste.
- Dip the gobi florets in the paste and deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in another pan and add the left ginger & garlic paste, chopped onions and green chili to it.
- Now, mix aginomoto, soya sauce and tomato sauce to it.
- Add fried Gobi kept aside and mix well. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve the gobi manchurian hot.
Gobi ka Pakora Ingredients:
- Cauliflower – 1
- Besan flour – 2 cups
- Red chilly pwd – 1 tbsp
- Mango pwd – 1 tsp
- Cumin seed pwd – 1 tsp
- Garam masala pwd – 1 tbsp
- Coriander pwd – ½ tbsp
- Oil to fry
- Salt to taste
How to make Gobi ka Pakora:
- Wash Cauliflower and cut into small pieces.
- Take besan flour, red chilly pwd, mango pwd, cumin seed pwd, garam masala pwd, coriander pwd and salt.
- Add little water and beat the mixture to form a thin and smooth batter.
- Heat the oil.
- Dip the cauliflower pieces into the batter and deep fry on medium heat till golden brown.6. Serve hot Gobi pakora with spicy green chutney or Tomato ketchup.
Gobi Mushroom Curry Ingredients:
- Mushrooms – 1 8oz pack cut into slices.
- Cauliflower – 1 medium flower head broken into very small flowerets.
- Garlic – 1 clove nicely sliced
- Onions – 1/2 cup chopped
- Milk 2% – 1/4 cup
- (Only for extra flavouring you can even avoid it if u want)
- Sunflower Oil – 2tsp
- Bay Leaf – 2-3 leaves
- Tamarinds – 1 tsp mixed in 1/4 cup water,
- (Can use one tomato nicely chopped instead)
- Water – 1 cup
- Curry powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 2 pods
- Cinnamon stick – 2 small pieces
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
How to make Gobi Mushroom Curry:
- Cut the mushrooms into nice slices and the other veggies. Soak the cauliflower florets after they are broken down to very small florets in nice hot water.
- Heat oil in the sauce pan and add the cinnamon, bayleaf and cardamom to it. Followed by garlic and then onion. Sautee everything until onion is cooked.
- Add the mushrooms and drain the cauliflower into this. Add the turmeric and 1/4 cup tamrind water and let it cook in medium flame for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Add coriander, cumin, chilli & curry powder stir well and then add the salt. Add 1/4 cup of water or a little more so that everything is 3/4 immersed in water. Let it boil with the lid on for 10 mins.
- When you open the lid you will get a nice aroma of spices, now add the milk and let it boil for 2-3 mins. Remove from flame and serve with rice , bread or any indian bread.
- 8-10 small Phool Gobi piece
- 4-5 tablespoon of besan ( gram flour)
- 2-3 green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Black salt powder
How to make Phool Gobi Ka Pakora
- Take 8-10 small Phool Gobi pieces wash it in the running water and bring it to boil for 4 mins in the micro-oven.
- In a bowl put 4-5 tablespoon of besan (gram flour), 2-3 green chili, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, salt to taste and add little by little water and make a not so thick batter.
- Take a non-stick frying pan heat 1 cup of vegetable and dip the gobi pieces into the batter, put it into the oil and fry it till it become golden brown in color.
- Phool Gobi ka pakora is ready to serve hot with tomato sauce or coriander chutney for evening snacks. You can also garnish the fried phool gobi with black salt powder.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 2 Small cauliflowers(gobi)
- 3 Green chillis, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Dhania powder
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
How to make Gobi Paratha Recipe:
- Chop the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix properly. Leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Take little amount of cauliflower and squeeze to remove water.
- Add onions, dhania powder, chilli powder, jeera powder, ginger paste, coriander leaves, and green chillies.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.
- Prepare dough as for a chapatti.
- Flatten a small portion of dough and put some mixture in the center.
- Draw the edges towards center to cover the mixture.
- Roll out in the form of paratha.
- Heat a griddle and fry the paratha on it.
- Smear ghee on it while frying.
- Serve hot with curd.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, separated into stalks and leaves and roughly chopped
- 1 small green chilies, chopped into small pieces (or one teaspoon chili powder)
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed and cut evenly into eighths
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- Add chopped chillis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn’t stick to the saucepan).
- Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
- Add two teaspoons of Garam Masala and stir.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving.
[singlepic id=623 w=320 h=240 float=center]