Recipes for glazed
Glazed Nuts Ingredients
1 egg white
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound walnut halves
How to make Glazed Nuts
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and vanilla. Add nuts, and stir to coat. Spread evenly onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until well toasted and golden brown. Remove from oven, and cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
- Glazed Nuts is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:30 Min
Ready In:45 Min
Glazed Donuts Ingredients
1 c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 qt. scalded cooled skim milk
- 1 c. mashed potatoes
- 6 eggs
- 11 c. flour
- Powdered sugar
How to make Glazed Donuts
- Put together and work as bread dough. Let rise 2 times, then roll out and cut and put on wax paper. Let rise again. Fry in deep fat and glaze. Makes about 120 donuts.
- Mix together some at a time as you glaze the donuts until you have enough.
- Glazed Donuts Recipe is ready to serve.
Honey Glazed Roast Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 whole fryer chicken, about 5lbs
- 3/4 stick butter at room temp
- 5 srigs rosemary
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- FOR THE glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 table spoon vinegar(any type of white)
How to make Honey Glazed Roast Chicken:
- remove giblets rinse chicken and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- pre heat oven to 375f
- combine butter, zest from lemon(about 11/2 tsp) and finely chopped leaves from three rosemary sprigs, meanwhile reduce wine by half in a saucepan on high, and combine all glaze ingredients in a small bowl and wisk.
- with your fingers seperate the skin from the breast and leg meat of the chicken, rub half the herbed butter on the meat under the skin. pour reduced wine and the juice from the lemon over chicken. stuff the lemon rind and remaining rosemary into the cavity.
- with remaining butter divided in 2 and place each on a peice of plastic wrap, fold and roll makeing 2 small logs, place in the fridg.
- roast chicken 20mins add 1/4 cup water to roasting pan, roast 15mins more and brush chicken with glaze doing so every 10mins till chicken is done about 45mins (internal temp should reach 170f)allow chicken to rest 10mins serve with butter logs.
- a couple of notes: instead of butter logs the drippings in the pan can be reduced on a medium high burner and served as a sauce. also veggies can be roasted in the pan under the chicken, but they will be lemony and sweet from the honey.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, cooked, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350°F Arrange sweet potatoes in 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over potatoes.
- Bake 40 minutes or until hot and sauce is thickened, basting frequently.
- Refrigerate leftovers.