Recipes for gajar
Gajar Sabji Ingredients:
- 4 carrots (chopped and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kalonji (onion seeds)
- 1 teaspoon redchilli powder
- a pinch haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon corriander (dhaniya ) powder
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoon kasoori methi
- salt to taste
- Similar recipes
- Rajasthani pyaaz tamater ki sabji
- Bharwa kaandey ki sabji
- Rajasthani Gwaar ki phalli ki sabji
- Rajasthani lauki chaney ki dal
- Green Beans Ki Sabji
How to make Gajar Sabji:
- Heat oil in a pan add kalonji to it, cook for few seconds then add carrots to it.
- Add the peas, red chilli powder, haldi powder, dhaniya powder, salt and 1/4 cup of water to it. Cook for two minutes.
- Add cream and kasoori methi to it and bring it to boil. Serve hot.
Instant Gajar ka Achar Ingredients:
- Carrots – 500 gm
- Green chili – 100 gm
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Mustard oil – 150 gm
- Asafetida – 2 pinch (grinded)
- Salt – 4 small spoons
- Yellow mustard – 4 small spoons (grinded coarsely)
- Turmeric Powder – 3 small spoons
- Red chili – 1 small spoon
How to make Instant Gajar ka Achar:
- Wash the carrots and peel them. Cut them length wise. Wash the green chili, break their stems and cut them length wise too. Wash the ginger, peel and cut it finely.
- Put oil in the frying pan and heat it. Turn off the burner. First put asafetida into the hot oil and then the turmeric powder. Mix with a stirring spoon. Add carrots, green chili, ginger, salt, red chili powder and yellow mustard and then mix them all properly.
- The Carrot Pickle is ready. Fill the pickle in a glass container. Stir and turn the pickle with a dry and clean stirring spoon everyday for 3 to 4 days. The pickle would be ready after this period. Now you can take out the carrot pickle and eat it whenever you want to. You can store this pickle for one month in winters and for 15 days in summers.
- If you want to store this pickle for longer duration, then put enough oil in the pickle to submerged it fully. Always use a clean and dry spoon to take out the pickle.
Gajar ka Achar Ingredients:
- 3 cups water
- 230gms carrots (scraped and cut into 2″long sticks)
- 11/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 th tsp each ground mace, cloves and cardamom
- 2tsp salt
- 1/4 th cup shredded jaggery (gur)
- 1/3rd cup mustard oil
How to make Gajar ka Achar:
- Boil the water in 2-litre saucepan. Add carrots and blanch for a minute.
- Drain the water and then spread carrots on a clean cloth and sundry (or spread them on a towel lined cookie tray and air dry in an oven (200-degree Fahrenheit) for an hour).
- In a bowl mix the mace, cloves, cardamom, salt and jaggery.
- Add the carrots and toss to mix. Transfer to a sterilized glass jar.
- Pour the mustard oil into a small saucepan and place it over a moderate heat. As soon as oil begins to smoke remove it from the heat and cool it for 4 minutes, then pour it into the jar and cover it with a clean cloth.
- Set the jar in sunlight for 13-14 days, bringing it indoor evrynight. Shake the jar two or three times daily.
- 15 carrots, peel & cut into long pieces
- 2 onions, chopped into big cubes
- 1/2 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2 dry red chilies, broken into pieces
- 2 tsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin (jeera) powder
- 1/4 tsp. fenugreek (methi) powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar (or powdered jaggery)
- 3 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tsp. red chili powder
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp salt (or to taste)
For the seasoning:
- 1 cup oil
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp. urad dal (black gram)
- 1/4 tsp. methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 tbsp curry leaves
How to make Spicy Carrot Pickle:
- Make a coarse paste of the onions and keep aside.
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and urad dal to it.
- Once the seeds splutter add asafoetida, broken red chilies and curry leaves too.
- Then add onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and saute ½ till golden brown.
- Turn off the stove and allow it to cool.
- After the mixture cools, add the carrot pieces, salt, lemon juice and all other ingredients.
- Mix well and store in an airtight jar.
- Refrigeration is required.
- Allow the carrots to marinate in this mixture for 2 days.
- The pickle is then ready to serve.
- Serve with steam rice or curd (yogurt) and rice.
- 1 Cup grated carrots
- 1/2 tsp Coarsely ground, roast cumin seeds
- 1 Green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cups natural yoghurt
How to make Carrot Raita:
- Boil the grated carrots in a pan of 2 cups for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the water and allow it to cool.
- Squeeze excess water out.
- Beat salt, black pepper, yoghurt and roast cumin together.
- Add green chillies and carrots and blends well.
- Sprinkle salt as required.
- Serve chilled.
- 1 kg carrots
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 125 g cloves of garlic (leave small cloves whole, slice large ones)
- 250 g large green chillies
- 125 ml red fruit vinegar
- 225 ml oil
- Salt to taste
- Extra salt
- Scrape and slice the carrots lengthwise.
- Add salt and leave to marinate for half an hour. Wash and drain.
- Slit the green chillies lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Add to the carrots together with salt, turmeric, red chilli powder and garlic.
- Mix well. Add the vinegar and unheated oil.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving.
- Chef’s Tips: Keeps well in refrigerator for 8-15 days. For a different flavour add 1 tsp mustard seeds.