Recipes for fritters
Chicken and Noodle Fritters Ingredients
2 x 85g packets 2-minute noodles
- 6 eggs
- 200g cooked chicken, chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
How to make Chicken and Noodle Fritters
- Cook noodles following packet directions and discarding seasoning packet. Drain well. Cool.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Add noodles, chicken, corn and spring onions. Stir until well combined.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate to a medium heat. Spread oil on hotplate. Spoon 1/4 cupfuls of noodle mixture, cooking 4-6 at a time, on hotplate. Cook for 2 minutes, or until golden and egg is set. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes more, or until egg is cooked through.
- Transfer to a large plate. Cover to keep warm. Cook remaining fritters. Serve with bok choy and soy sauce.
Chicken and Noodle Fritters is ready to serve.
Italian Rice Fritters Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup (350 g) rice (cheap rice is best here — not parboiled, however)
- 1 quart (1 liter) milk
- The zest of one lemon
- 3-4 Tablespoons sugar
- A walnut-sized chunk of unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 jigger of rum or sweet wine — vinsanto, for example — as you prefer
- 4/5 cup (100 g) flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Oil for frying
- Confectioner’s sugar
How to make Italian Rice Fritters
- Simmer the rice in the milk until it’s quite soft and has begun to give off its starch, then stir in the sugar, lemon zest, and butter and let the mixture cool.
- Separate the eggs and whip the whites to soft peaks. Stir the yolks and the rum or wine into the rice mixture, then fold in the egg whites, flour and baking powder. Drop the batter a teaspoon at a time into hot oil and fry the frittelle until they are a rich golden brown.
- Drain them on absorbent paper, and when they have cooled dust them with confectioner’s sugar.
Breakfast Tortilla Wrap is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: Not Enough Rice Fritters
Baked Corn Fritters Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups of corn kernels, (see steps for cutting corn from a cob) cut from 3 large cobs (or frozen corn, defrost and drain first)
- 4 large scallions or green onions, finely sliced (about half a cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Grapeseed, canola, or peanut oil (a high smoke point oil) for frying
How to make Baked Corn Fritters:
Make the dipping sauce by combining all of the sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon, until sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to medium high, let boil for 5-10 minutes or so, until the mixture becomes somewhat syrupy. Remove from heat and let cool. The sauce should continue to thicken as it cools. If it becomes too thick, you can add a little water to it to thin it out a bit
Chicken Corn Fritters Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken (see note)
- 310g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 small red capsicum, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch English spinach, leaves shredded
- 2 tablespoons plain flour, sifted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded, cut into matchsticks
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
How to make Chicken Corn Fritters:
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Place chicken, corn, capsicum and spinach in a large bowl. Stir in flour and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using 1/4 cup of mixture per fritter, spoon mixture, 3 fritters at a time, into hot oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden and firm to touch in the centre, adding remaining oil as required. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray lined with paper towel, to drain. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining fritters.
- Make salad: Meanwhile, combine salad leaves, cucumber, carrots and tomatoes in a large bowl. Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour over salad and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among plates. Top with fritters and serve.
Chickpea Fritters Ingredients:
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chickpea flour*
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (preferably Sicilian)
- 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Special equipment: parchment paper; a deep-fat thermometer
- print a shopping list for this recipe
How to make Chickpea Fritters:
- Lightly oil an 8- by 4-inch loaf pan (6-cup capacity) and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang at each end.
- Whisk together water, chickpea flour, sea salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a 2 1/2- to 3-quart heavy saucepan until smooth, then cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon (to prevent lumps from forming), until very thick and mixture pulls away from side of pan, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer mixture to loaf pan, smoothing top. Cool, uncovered, then chill, surface of mixture covered with plastic wrap, until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Lift chickpea block out of pan using parchment and transfer to a work surface. Gently flip over block and discard parchment, then pat dry. Cut block crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices for panelle.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Heat 1/2 inch oil (about 2 cups) in a deep 10-inch heavy skillet until it registers 375°F on thermometer, then fry panelle in 5 batches, carefully turning occasionally with tongs, until golden and puffed, 3 to 5 minutes per batch, and transfer to paper towels to drain. Keep warm on a baking sheet in oven while frying remaining batches.
- Arrange panelle on a platter and sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Serve immediately.
Greek tomato fritters Ingredients:
- 4 ripe medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of self-rising flour
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint or fresh basil, finely chopped
- sunflower or canola oil for frying
How to make Greek tomato fritters:
- Combine all ingredients except flour in a bowl. Add enough flour to make a thick batter.
- Heat 1/2 to 3/4 inch of oil in a nonstick frying pan. When the oil is hot, drop the batter by tablespoonfuls into the oil and fry until browned. Turn once to brown on both sides.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper towels.
Cottage Cheese Fritters Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tblsp coriander leaves chopped
- oil for deep frying
- 6 tblsp bengal gram flour besan
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp ginger chopped
- 2 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 green chilli chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 tsp dry mango powder amchur
- 1 onion chopped
- 100 gms cottage cheese
- 200 gm corn fresh
How to make Cottage Cheese Fritters:
- Crush the corn in a blender.
- Grate the cottage cheese.
- Heat up oil in a pan, mix in cut ginger and garlic and stir fry till pink.
- Mix in crushed corn and stir fry.
- Mix in salt and mix.
- Mix in milk and stir fry to get a creamy texture.
- When the corn is cooked, transfer to a round dish and cool.
- Mix in grated paneer, cut onion, cut green chillies, cumin powder, amchur powder and cut coriander leaves.
- Adjust salt and mix well.
- Mix in besan for binding and mix in a little milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Make even sized balls with hand or tablespoon.
- Heat up oil and deep fry the pakoras on medium heat up till golden brown.
- Remove and keep on an absorbent paper to soak excess oil.
Rice Fritters Ingredients:
- 2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 to 1 cup flour, just to make a good batter
- oil for deep frying
- confectioners’ sugar
How to make Rice Fritters:
In a large bowl, combine cooked rice, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and baking powder. Add just enough flour to hold batter together. It should drop from a spoon and stay together. Heat oil in the deep fryer to 365°. Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into the hot oil. Fry in small batches until golden brown and crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels and generously sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.