Home / Tag Archives: Fresh Tomato Chutney
Tag Archives: Fresh Tomato Chutney
Fresh Tomato Chutney Ingredients:
- 350 gm ripe tomatoes; chopped (12oz)
- 2 tablespoon sunflower or soya oil
- 1 medium onion; chopped
- 2 large clov garlic; peeled and chopped
- 2 green chillies; seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
How to make Fresh Tomato Chutney:
- Put the tomatoes in a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat, covered , until they are soft (4-5 minutes). Remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil over a medium heat and fry the onions and garlic until the onions are soft, but not brown (4-5 minutes).
- Add the chillies and cumin and for for 30-40 seconds. Puree the tomatoes, the onion mixture, salt and sugar in a blender.
- Transfer to a serving dish and cool thoroughly before serving.