Fresh Berry Coffeecake Ingredients
2 cups fresh raspberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups toasted, chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
How to make Fresh Berry Coffeecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 10 inch Bundt cake
pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together raspberries and brown sugar; set aside. In a separate bowl, mix
together flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a third bowl, cream together sour cream, butter and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in flour mixture just until moist.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of berries and 1 cup pecans in pan, pour in half of the batter.
Pour on the remaining berries and remaining cup of pecans. Spread the remaining batter over the berries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. While cake bakes, mix the frosting. In a small bowl, stir together 2 teaspoons milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar. Remove cake from pan and let cool 20 minutes before frosting.
Fresh Berry Coffeecake is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:35 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 10 Min