Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta Ingredients
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 8 ounces small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
How to make Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic over medium heat. When the garlic starts to sizzle, pour in the tomatoes. Season with salt and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Add the shrimp and scallops. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the shrimp turn pink. Add shrimp and scallops to the tomato mixture, and stir in the parsley. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce just begins to bubble. Serve sauce over pasta.
- Fra Diavolo Sauce With Pasta is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Ready In: 1 Hr
Yield 8 servings