Rosemary Focaccia Bread Ingredients:
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- coarse salt
How to make Rosemary Focaccia Bread
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of the warm water, and let sit 10 minutes until bubbly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, Ts. of salt, yeast mixture and remaining water.
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon and then your hands.
- Transfer to a floured work surface and knead by hand for a few minutes or until smooth.
- Place in a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down and place on an oiled baking sheet, forming into an oval or circle.
- Dimple the top surface with your finger tips, and then drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with coarse salt and rosemary.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Variations: Instead of the rosemary, you might add 2-3 tablespoons of fresh chopped sage to the dough with some Fresh Parmesan on top.
- Other alternatives are sliced olives, thinly sliced zucchini or thinly sliced onions.
- Such cheeses as grated Parmesan, Mozzarella, or Fontina are also good.
Rosemary Focaccia Bread is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 1 1/2 hrs
Total Time: 2 hrs