Home / Tag Archives: fish kabab
Fish Kabab Ingredients
- 2 pounds of Salmon Fish (Or any fish of your choice)
- ¼ cup of Onion (sliced)
- 10 Red Chillies (Lal Mirchain) (grounded)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Paste (Pisa Lehsan)
- 1 tsp. Ginger Paste (Pisi Adrak)
- 1 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- Cooking Oil (for shallow frying)
How to make Fish Kabab
- Fry the sliced onions in oil and remove. Drain the excess oil in paper towels and set aside.
- Clean the fish and cut them into small pieces. Rub them with 1-tsp salt, garlic paste and 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt . Then wash thoroughly. Marinate them with Remaining plain yogurt , ginger paste, garam masala powder , ground chilies, salt and fried onions for an hour.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for some time and take them out. Then skew the marinated fish in it.
- Brush oil on the fish pieces and grill them until brown. Brush the remaining marinade half way through the cooking.
- Take them off the skewers and serve hot with toothpick inserted on them.
Machchi Ke Shami Kabab Ingredients:
- 1 kg fish (wash, steam and remove bones)
- 2 onions
- 50 gms bengal gram dal
- 8 green chillies
- ‘ cup coconut
- 2-tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp aniseeds
- 8 cardamoms
- 8 peppercorns
- 2-tsp poppy seeds
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 1 big pod garlic
- 400 gms curds (tie it up in a muslin bag for one hour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
How to make Machchi Ke Shami Kabab
- Mash fish to fine paste.
- Prepare a masala of all the dry ingredients.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the curds and blend well. Add the masala and the curd mixture to the fish and mix well.
- Shape into long kababs.
- Beat the eggs.
- Dip the kababs in the beaten egg and shallow fry.
Machchi Ke Shami Kabab is ready to serve.
- Serve with a dash of lime and garnish with fresh coriander leaves (optional) and onion rings.