Fingerling Potatoes with Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients
2 pounds red or yellow fingerling potatoes (small new potatoes), scrubbed and halved
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
How to make Fingerling Potatoes with Herb Vinaigrette
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with cold water by about an inch. Bring to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt to the water. Lower the heat to a simmer and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking, prepare the herb vinaigrette. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice shallots, thyme, basil, oregano, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Strain potatoes from the water and place them in a large bowl. Sprinkle the potatoes generously with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the vermouth and toss to coat. Let the potatoes sit for one minute to soak in the vermouth and then add the herb vinaigrette. Gently toss until all potatoes are coated with the vinaigrette. Let sit for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve slightly warm, room temperature, or chilled.
Fingerling Potatoes with Herb Vinaigrette is ready to serve.
Yield: Serves 6-