Home / Tag Archives: Finger
Ladies Finger Poriyal Ingredients:
- 1 lb okra
- 1 big tomato, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 4 green chilies, chopped (adjust according to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2/3 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 bunch of cilantro or coriander leaves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Ladies Finger Poriyal:
- Discard the ends of okra by cutting it off.
- Cut remaining Okra into around 1 inch piece sizes.
- Heat the oil in pan in medium heat.
- Lower the heat. Carefully add onions, green chilies, spices and salt. Increase heat to medium. Stir-fry until onions are light golden brown.
- Add okra and stir-fry for around 15 minutes in a medium heat.
- Add tomato, sprinkle the lemon juice and mix well for few minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro or coriander leaves as decoration and serve hot with rice or roti.
Ladies Finger Curry Ingredients:
- lady’s finger 25-30
- green chillies – 12
- tamarind paste-2 spoon
- dhania powder-1 1/2 spoon
- tomato-1 (big one)
- onion-1 (medium size)
- jagerry and salt according to taste
- turmeric powder -1/4 spoon
- oil -1 tsp
- mustard-1/4 spoon
- udadhal-1 spoon
- curry leaves-4
How to make Ladies Finger Curry:
- Chop onion, tomato, chillies and cut Lady’s finger into thin slices.
- Heat oil (about 12 spoons) in a pan, add lady’s finger and fry it propely until the
- stickyness goes away. Keep it aside. Note:
- Its better to cut the lady’s finger previous day evening and cover it with a vegetable
- stainer,and keep it outside.so that it won’t be that sticky.
- Heat oil in the above pan, add mustard, udadhal, curry leaves, green chillies and then add
- onion and tomato fry it until almost cooked then add the fried lady’s finger, salt, dhania
- powder, tamarind paste, turmeric powder, jagerry and little water, cook it.
- If you like spicy add little red chilli powder according to your taste in the end. Have it with
- Chapathi or Rice.