Recipes for Fillets
Greek Style Fish Fillets Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 pound firm white fish fillets
- 1 3/4 cups frozen green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
How to make Greek Style Fish Fillets
- HEAT oil in large, nonstick skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in tomatoes and juice and bouillon; cook, stirring occasionally, until bouillon is dissolved.
- PLACE fish over sauce; spoon some sauce over fish. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- DISTRIBUTE beans and olives over fish; cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Serve with couscous. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Greek Style Fish Fillets is ready to serve.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Baked Fish Fillets Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds grouper or other white fish fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
How to make Baked Fish Fillets
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Notes: Haddock or cod would make good substitutes for the grouper. Adjust the baking time depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Baked Fish Fillets is ready to serve.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 5 ounces fish)
Buttermilk Fried Carp Fillets Ingredients:
2 lbs carp fillets
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup biscuit mix or pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried lemon flakes
How to make Buttermilk Fried Carp Fillets
- Remove the skin of the carp. Take out all the brownish-redish-colored part of the
meat, the “mud vein”; discard. Chunk up the rest of the carp fillets.
- Place fillet pieces in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over them and let it stand for
half an hour, turning the fillets over once during that time.
- Stir the salt into the biscuit mix.
- Take fillets out of the buttermilk and pat them into the biscuit mix, covering both sides.
- Fry fillets in deep fryer or in hot oil in fry-pan for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked through and browned on both sides. Use tongs or slotted spoon to turn them. (If oil is too hot, they will brown too quickly and not cook within.)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with lemon wedges if available.
- Buttermilk Fried Carp Fillets is ready to serve.
Beef Fillets Ingredients
For the pasta
200 g Italian ’00′ flour
- 1 egg
- 6 egg yolks
- 50 g fine semolina flour
For the beef
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped rosemary
- 150 g beef fillet, cut finely into strips
- 150 ml red wine, preferaby chianti
- 400 g can chopped plum tomatoes
- 50 g butter
How to make Beef Fillets
- For the pasta: combine the flour, egg and egg yolks in a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together as dough. Transfer to a bowl, cover with cling film and rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Cut the pasta dough in half and feed one of the pieces through a pasta machine. Keep the remaining pasta covered. Continue feeding the pasta through the machine changing settings according to the machine instructions, ending on the required setting for pappardelle. Repeat with the remaining dough. It is best to leave the pasta covered in the fridge to dry out for 24 hours once you’ve cut it, however you can just leave it at room temperature for 1 hour.
- For the beef: fry the onion, celery and garlic in the olive oil in a large pan until softened, then add the rosemary.
- Increase the heat and fry the beef with the vegetables for a few minutes. Add the red wine and tomatoes and simmer over a low heat for 20-25 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and rich.
- Cook the pappardelle in a large pan of boiling salted water until al dente (retaining bite). Drain the pasta and add it to the beef and tomatoes. Stir in the butter and serve.
- Beef Fillets is ready to serve.
Prep time: 30 min