Home / Tag Archives: fesenjan
Khoresht e fesenjan Ingredients:
- 4 Servings
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 500 grams Ground walnuts
- 4 small onions
- 4 glasses Pomegranate juice (or 5 tablespoons of pomegranate paste)
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 turmeric
How to make Khoresht e fesenjan:
- Pour 5 glasses of hot water in a pan and bring to boil. Add salt, ground walnuts and pomegranate juice or paste. If pomegranate juice or paste is sour, add 2-3 tablespoons sugar to the khoresht.
- Turn heat down and let boil slowly for about 45 minutes adding more hot water if needed.
- Peel onions and slice thinly. Fry in oil until slightly golden.
- Wash chicken pieces and fry in onions with 1/2 teaspoon turmeric until color changes. Add these to the Khoresht and let slowly cook for another 30 minutes.