Home / Tag Archives: fenugreek
Dahi Kadhi with Pakora Ingredients:
- oil- 5 tblsp
- asafoetida (hing) a pinch
- green chillies – to taste
- cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- fenugreek seeds (methi) – 1 tsp
- gram flour (besan / chane ka atta) – 6 tblsp
- coriander/cumin powder- 1 tsp
- turmeric powder (hadli)- a pinch
- mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks, bottle gourd)- 2 cups/200 gms
- tamarind (imli) pulp – 2 tblsp
- salt (namak) – to taste
- coriander leaves (dhania patta) – 2-3 sprigs
How to make Dahi Kadhi with Pakora
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add asafoetida and after a few seconds, add the chopped chillies, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Allow them to stop spluttering, then add the gram flour, stirring continuously.
- Fry it, till the flour becomes brown in colour and aromatic.
- Add around 5-6 cups (1 lt.) of water, stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Cook on a simmering flame for at least 15- 20 minutes and then, bring it to a boil.
- Stir in the vegetables and the spices.
- Add the tamarind pulp and cook further, till the vegetables become tender.
- Add the salt and garnish with chopped coriander.