Grilled Oysters with Fennel Butter Ingredients
1 teaspoon fennel seed, ground
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fennel greens
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 unopened, fresh, live medium oysters
How to make Grilled Oysters with Fennel Butter
- Prepare and light a grill or preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, blend together the butter, ground fennel seeds, shallots, fennel bulb, fennel greens, pepper and salt.
- Arrange the oysters on the grill or oven rack, cover and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until they start hissing and begin to open.
- Using an oyster knife, pry each oyster open at the hinge, loosen the oyster and discard the flat shell. Top each oyster with 1/2 teaspoon of the fennel butter. Return to grill and cook until butter is melted and hot.
- Grilled Oysters with Fennel Butter Recipe is ready to serve.