Home / Tag Archives: Feather
Feather Light Pancakes Ingredients:
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening or cooking oil
How to make Feather-Light Pancakes:
- Combine first 4 ingredients; sift into mixing bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, and shortening or oil; stir into dry ingredients.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter, for each pancake, into hot, well greased crepes suzette pan or blazer pan of chafing dish over direct high flame.
- Cook until top is full of bubbles, edges dry and underside browned; turn and brown second side.
- When pancakes are being prepared for crepes they may be cooked ahead of time, as desired, sprinkled with confectioners’ sugar, rolled and wrapped singly in waxed paper or plastic film and stored in refrigerator for reheating at time of serving.