Fattoush Salad Ingredients:
- 5 cups toasted pita bread, torn into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 half head of romaine lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Fattoush Salad:
For the Salad:
In a large bowl, combine lettuce, bread, cucumber, tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and parsley together. Toss gently.
For the Dressing:
- In a small bowl combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and mint. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- You can add many spices to this according to your tastes. Some people like to add chick peas for a heartier salad.
- Serve 4 large salads or 6 side salads.