Old Fashioned Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce Ingredients
2 cups butter, softened
- 2 3/4 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups fresh raspberries, halved
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon creme de cassis liqueur
How to make Old Fashioned Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Sift together the flour, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until soft and creamy. Gradually add 2 3/4 cups sugar, beating at medium speed for 5 to 7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 min. or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on wire rack.
- For sauce: In a medium bowl, combine raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon creme de cassis. Stir gently until sugar dissolves; cover and chill at least 3 hours. Serve over pound cake.
- Old Fashioned Pound Cake with Raspberry Sauce is ready to serve.
Prep Time:30 Min
Cook Time:1 Hr 15 Min
Ready In:1 Hr 55 Min