Beef Fajitas Instruction
1 1/2 pound flank or sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 small can of diced green chiles
- 1/8 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 12 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese — shredded
How to make Beef Fajitas
- In a large skillet, saute red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and red onion in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender; remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute the steak, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in remaining oil for 2-4 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Return the vegetables to the pan, add the diced green chiles and the cilantro and then heat through.
- Heat flour tortillas in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds until they are heated through and then place in a tortilla warmer to keep warm. If you don’t have a tortilla warmer then you can simply put them in some aluminum foil to keep warm.
- To assemble the tortillas spread some of the guacamole on a tortilla, top it with the steak and vegetable mixture and then top it in some of the salsa, some cheddar cheese and a little sour cream, and then roll up the tortilla to enclose the filling and then enjoy.
- Beef Fajitas is ready to serve.