Garlic Escargots Ingredients
4 sheets phyllo dough
- 4 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 32 helix snails, without shells
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make Garlic Escargots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly spray a cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the phyllo dough on a flat surface and brush each sheet with the melted butter. Layer the sheets on top of one another and cut the pile into fours. Push each piece of dough into a cupcake pan, forming cups with the dough.
- Bake the phyllo cups for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Drain the snails and rinse them with running water until the liquid runs clear. In a small bowl, mix together the egg yolks and heavy cream.
- Heat a saute pan, add 4 tablespoons of butter, the garlic and then the snails. Saute for a couple of minutes and then add half of the heavy cream mixture. Bring to a boil and season with the salt and pepper. The sauce will thicken while cooling.
- Remove the phyllo cups from the muffin tins. Place a phyllo cup on a plate or bowl and put 8 escargot in the cup and flowing out of the cup. Pour the sauce in the cup over the escargot.
- Garlic Escargots Recipe is ready to serve.
Prep Time:50 Min
Ready In:50 Min