English Rice Pudding Ingredients
1/4 cup short-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 T butter (approximately)
- 1/4 t. salt
- 8 cups whole milk [definitely best for this: not 1% or skim]
How to make English Rice Pudding
- Slather a shallow glass 2-qt. pan generously with butter.
- Place rice, sugar and salt in the baking pan.
- Pour the milk in last.
- Bake in 200-degree oven for 8 hours, stirring every 15 minutes for first 2 hours
- My short cut:
- Put rice in bottom of 4-cup measuring cup or other microwave-safe container.
- Fill to the 4-cup line with milk
- Nuke for approx. 5 minutes, stirring thoroughly half-way through.
- Keep an eye on it towards the end, so it doesn’t bubble over.
- Stir and leave to sit while you butter the pan and put in salt and sugar.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Stir rice/milk mixture and nuke 1 minute.
- Pour into pan and put in the oven.
- Nuke the rest of the milk.
- Pour into pan and stir.
- Bake 3-4 hours, until top is brown.
English Rice Pudding is ready to serve.
240 minutes to make