English Breakfast Beans Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 250 g canned pinto beans, drained
- 200 g bacon, finely diced
- 1 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 800 g tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1/4 bunches flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
For the English breakfast
- 4 slices back bacon
- 1 sausages
- 2 slices smoked black pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 vine ripened plum tomato, halved
- 2 field or flat mushrooms
- 4 slices toasted granary bloomer bread
How to make English Breakfast Beans:
- For the baked beans: heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan, then lightly fry the onion for 2-3 minutes, or until soft but not coloured. Add all of the remaining baked bean ingredients, stir well and simmer for 10-12 minutes until thickened.
- For the breakfast: Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Place the tomatoes and mushrooms into a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and scatter over the thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper, then place into the oven and roast for 6-8 minutes, or until the tomatoes are softened.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon, sausages and black pudding, until cooked through. Cook the eggs to your liking.
- To serve, pile the bacon, sausages, black pudding and eggs onto serving plates, and spoon the baked beans on the side. Serve with the toasted granary bloomer.