Stack ’em up Ingredients:
600g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King Edward and Desiree (about
- 3 large potatoes)
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying
How to make Stack ’em up
- Peel and cut the potatoes into twelve chunky chips (approx 7cm x 2.5cm). Soak in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain and pat dry with kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a large saucepan or deep fat fryer to 200oC. Fry the chips in 2 batches for 7-8 minutes until just coloured, drain on kitchen paper, cool slightly.
- Refry gently for 1-2 minutes until golden. Stack in 3 layers.
- Stack ’em up Recipe is ready to serve.