Elin’s Pickled Pumpkin Ingredients
4 pounds peeled and diced pumpkin
- 5 cups white sugar
- 5 cups distilled white vinegar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 15 whole cloves
How to make Elin’s Pickled Pumpkin
- Place the pumpkin in a large, deep bowl.
- In a large saucepan, mix the sugar, vinegar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Boil 5 minutes. Pour the hot liquid over the pumpkin in the bowl. Cover and set aside 8 hours, or overnight.
- Strain the liquid into a large saucepan. Boil 5 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves, leaving a few bits for decoration. Place the pumpkin back into the liquid and return to boiling. Boil 5 minutes, or until pumpkin is transparent but crisp. Allow the mixture to cool. Transfer to sterile jars and refrigerate.
- Elin’s Pickled Pumpkin is ready to serve.
Prep Time:13 Hrs 50 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:14 Hrs 5 Min