Home / Tag Archives: eggplant pickle
Tag Archives: eggplant pickle
Eggplant Pickle Ingredients:
- 1 kg brinjal or aubergines
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 2 inch piece of ginger
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 2 cups vinegar
How to make Eggplant Pickle:
- Wash and cut the brinjals into 1 inch pieces.
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic coarsely.
- Soak the spices in vinegar for one hour, then grind.
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the ground spices till they do not smell raw.
- Add the sugar, salt, and brinjal. Stir well.
- Cook on low heat till the brinjal is soft and the mixture has thickened.
- Cool and bottle.