Eggnog Pudding Ingredients
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Freshly grated nutmeg
How to make Eggnog Pudding
- Mix together flour, cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup of the milk to the flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- In another saucepan, scald the remaining 2 3/4 cups milk; add to flour mixture.
- Cook and stir mixture over medium-low heat; do not allow to boil.
- In a bowl beat the yolks, remove 1/2 cup hot mixture and add to yolks to temper them; mix well and return to pot.
- Continue to cook over low heat for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add butter and vanilla.
- Thoroughly fold egg whites into the hot mixture.
- Place in individual custard dishes or a single bowl, sprinkle with freshly grated nutmeg and chill.
Cook time: 10 min
Prep. time: 10 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings