Recipes for Eggless Sponge Cake
Eggless Sponge Cake Ingredients:
200 g sweetened condensed milk
- 140 g self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 60 ml melted butter or 60 ml margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 75 ml water
How to make Eggless Sponge Cake
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, essence, and water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and dusted 6 inch diameter round tin.
- Bake in a hot oven at 200 degrees C (400 degrees F) for 10 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 150 degrees C (300 degree F) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, take out from the oven and leave for 1 minute.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to remove.
- Cool the the cake on a wire rack.
Eggless Sponge Cake is ready to serve.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 40 mins