Recipes for egg
Anda Paratha Ingredients:
- 1 cup plain flour (maida)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- salt to taste
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 cup coriander (dhania) leaves
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp oil
How to make Anda Paratha:
- Sieve flour, atta and one teaspoon salt together.
- Wash and finely chop green chillies. wash and finely chop coriander leaves. break the eggs and whisk with salt.
- Make a soft dough with atta, salt, green chillies, ajwain, one egg and water (approx three fourth cup), cover with a moist cloth and set aside for an hour.
- Divide the dough into four equal parts.
- Roll out each into four inches diameter disc. spread a little butter on each disc
- Sprinkle a little wheat flour and fold into four.
- Roll out again on floured surface into six inches sized parantha.
- Place over a heated tawa.
- When one side is half done, turn over and spread some egg and coriander leaves on the upper side.
- Pour a little oil round the edges and turn over.
- Apply some egg and coriander leaves on the other side and shallow fry till both sides are evenly golden brown.
- Serve hot with pickle of your choice.
Egg Dosa Ingredients:
- 1 egg per dosa
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 1/2 cup parboiled rice
- salt as per taste
- black pepper powder as per taste
How to make Egg Dosa:
- Wash and Soak urad dal and rice for 3 hours .Grind in to thin paste .Cover and keep
- aside for 8-10 hours to ferment
- Add salt to taste and mix it well .Heat the dosa griddle .Spread the dosa of the 1 big spoon
- Break one egg on the dosa .Spread a little .Sprinkle salt and pepper powder .Spread 1 tsp
- oil around the dosa
- Cook till golden brown .Remove and serve with coconut chutney .Repeat the process from
- point 6 for the rest of the batter
Tomato Egg Bake Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 slice process American cheese
How to make Tomato Egg Bake:
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, salad dressing and garlic powder. Spray the bottom of a 3-cup round baking dish with cooking spray. Pour half of the egg mixture into dish; top with tomato and cheese. Pour the remaining egg mixture on top.
- Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until completely set and a knife comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
Egg Korma Ingredients:
- Eggs 6
- Onions 2 medium
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Cashewnuts 2 tbsps.
- Green Chillies 5
- Coconut (scraped) 1 tbsp.
- Coriander Powder 1 tbsp.
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon 1 inch
- Green Cardamoms 2
- Ginger 1 inch
- Vegetable Fat (ghee) 3 tbsps.
- Turmeric Powder 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves 1 tbsp
How to make egg korma:
- Peel and chop the onions. Peel and chop the ginger. Chop the cashew nuts. Wash and chop the green chillies. Clean, wash and chop the coriander leaves.
- Grind together the green chillies, scraped coconut, coriander powder, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and turmeric powder.
- Break the eggs, separate the whites from the yolks into a bowl and beat the egg whites till stiff. Add the egg yolks and milk to the egg white mixture and salt to taste.
- Beat the mixture again for ten minutes and place the egg mixture bowl into a large vessel containing a little water and boil till the egg is set.
- Turn out the egg and cut into cubes.
- Heat ghee in a saucepan and fry the chopped cashew nuts till golden brown. Drain and keep aside.
- In the same ghee add sliced onions and fry till the onions turn light brown. Add the ground masala and fry till the ghee floats to the top.
- Add half a cup of water and bring to a boil. Then add the egg cubes and cook gently till the korma thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rice or paranthas and chutney.
Egg Curry Ingredients:
- 4 Eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 tomato (pureed)
- 3-4 flakes of garlic
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger
- 1-2 green chilies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 3/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil / ghee
- 1 cup green peas or 250 gms paneer
How to make Egg Curry:
- Remove the shell of boiled eggs & keep aside. If using Paneer cut into cubes and fry till golden & set aside for later use.
- Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies in a mixer or chopper.
- Heat oil in a kadhi or wok and add onion-garlic paste and fry till golden brown.
- Add all the spices (salt, turmeric, coriander & chili powder) except garam masala and fry for a minute and add tomato puree. Fry till it starts leaving oil.
- Add a cup of water and cook till it dry’s.
- Now add the fried paneer cubes or green peas (which ever using) and boiled eggs.
- Add 1 cup of water and bring to boil and reduce the flame.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnish egg curry with garam masala and coriander leaves and serve hot with paratha, roti or rice.
Egg Roast Curry Ingredients:
- 4-5 hardboiled eggs
- 3 medium size onions thinly sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (120g, ½ heaped cup)
- 1 TBSP minced ginger
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 2 green Chillies
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- ¼ – ¾ cup water (Add water depending on how thick or thin you like your gravy)
- 2 twigs curry leaves
- 4 tbsp coconut milk powder
- ½ cup hot water
- Salt – as required
- ½ tsp Garam masala
How to make Egg Roast Curry:
- Heat a sauce pan and add oil. When hot, Add sliced onions, slit chillies, one twig of curry leaves and salt and sauté on medium flame for about 15-20 minutes or until onion turns golden in colour.
- Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, on low-medium heat.
- Add in chopped tomatoes, cover and cook for few minutes until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Add coriander powder, paprika powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder and stir well to combine.
- Add ½ – ¾ cup water; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Make coconut milk by mixing coconut milk powder with hot water and add it to the curry along with boiled eggs. Add another twig of curry leaf and garam masala. Cover and swirl the pan carefully.
- Bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook for further 2 minutes.
Egg Pulao Ingredients:
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves
- 1″ cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 whole cardamoms
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- 1 potato, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 eggs, boiled and halved
- Salt to taste
How to make Egg Pulao:
- Wash rice and drain.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee is a pan, fry cashewnuts and raisins. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the whole spices and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onions and fry till golden. Now put in the peas and the vegetables and mix well. Cook for few minutes. Add washed rice.
- Add some salt and pepper. Stir for a few minutes and add 2 cups of water.
- Arrange the egg halves on top. Garnish with chopped cilantro. Cover and cook till done.
Egg Pizza with Pepperoni and Cheese Ingredients:
- 4 eggs
- 1 pre-baked pizza shell (400 g size)
- ¼ cup Caesar salad dressing (thicker refrigerator style works best)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella, divided
- 12 pepperoni slices
- 2 bocconcini balls, cut into thin slices (1 ½ oz.)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
How to make Egg Pizza with Pepperoni and Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza shell on an unrimmed sheet pan or pizza wheel. Spread Caesar dressing over pizza base. Sprinkle base with ¾ cups of mozzarella cheese. Top with pepperoni, bocconcini and basil.
- Carefully pour beaten eggs over toppings. Sprinkle remaining cheese over pizza.
- Gently slide pizza directly onto rack in oven. Bake 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the eggs are set.
Caramel Egg Pudding Ingredients:
1/3 cup sugar
2-3 Tablespoons water
4 cups (1 litre) milk
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
How to make Caramel Egg Pudding:
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 2-3 tablesppons of water and heat in a pan on moderate heat until it turns dark golden brown (caramalised). Pour and the mixture onto the bottom of a baking dish and spread it on the bottom with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Beat together eggs + ¾ cup sugar and vanilla essence in a big bowl.
- Heat the milk and pour it in the above egg mixture while stirring constantly.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture in the baking dish containing the caramelised sugar.
- Put the baking dish in a shallow roasting tray containing 1 inch water.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 300 degrees Farenheit for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Check with a knife. If knife comes out clean, the pudding is ready.
- Take the dish out of the oven, let it cool, then put in the refrigerator.
- Just before serving, separate the sides of the pudding from the baking dish with a knife. Take a flat dish with slightly raised ends, put it onto the baking dish, and turn the pudding over onto the baking dish while keeping the serving dish in place.
Cottage Cheese Scramble Eggs Ingredients:
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make Cottage Cheese Scramble Eggs:
- Place the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a small frying pan, melt a little butter (to coat the bottom of the pan).
- Pour the eggs mixture into the frying pan.
- Without stirring, gently push the cooked portion to the center; continue until all the eggs are fully cooked (but not dry).