Blueberry Trifle Ingredients
2 1 / 2 cups sugar, Divided
- 1 / 4 cup plus 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1 cup water
- 1 / 2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 / 2 cup butter
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract, Divided
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 blueberry muffins, Writing torn bite-size pieces (approximately 12 cups)
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- Garnish: Additional fresh blueberries and lemon-peel curl
How to make Blueberry Trifle
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar, corn starch, and salt, mixing well. Add egg yolk and water to sugar mixture, whisking well to combine. Cook over medium heat, Stirring Often, Until mixture thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, butter, and 2 teaspoon vanilla, Stirring well. Please tick and cover for at least 2 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream and Remaining 1 / 2 cup sugar at high speed with an electric mixer Until soft peaks form. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla and beat Remaining Until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a trifle bowl, layer half of blueberry muffins. Top muffins with 3 cups blueberries. Top with blueberries and half whipped cream. Top with whipped cream or lemon mixture two-thirds. Remaining Top with 3 cups blueberries and blueberry muffins Remaining.
- In a large bowl, combine lemon mixture and whipped cream Remaining, Gently folding to combine. Spread on muffin layer.
- Garnish with additional blueberries and a lemon-peel curl, if Desired.
- Blueberry Trifle is ready to serve.
Servings: 10 to 12 servings
Prep: 35 mins
Total: 2 hrs 55 mins