Recipes for dressing
Italian Vegetable Pizza Ingredients
2 tablespoons clear Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces, or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cut asparagus, thawed
- 1 medium yellow summer squash or zucchini, cut into julienne strips (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 (8-ounce) packages Boboli (six 6-inch Italian bread shells)
- 1/4 cup clear Italian salad dressing
- 1 ripe large tomato, seeded and chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup
- finely shredded Asiago or Parmesan cheese
How to make Italian Vegetable Pizza
- In a medium skillet heat the 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing. Add asparagus and summer squash or zucchini; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Place bread shells on a lightly greased baking sheet. Brush bread shells with the 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing. Using a slotted spoon, top bread shells with the cooked asparagus mixture. Top with chopped tomato; sprinkle with pepper. Combine mozzarella cheese and Asiago or Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over pizzas.
- Bake in a 400°F (205°C) oven about 8 minutes or until cheese melts and pizzas are heated through. Cut the pizzas into wedges to serve.
- Note: Try Asiago cheese on your homemade pizza.
Ingredients for Black Bean Salad
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
How to make Black Bean Salad
- In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, green onions, jalapeno peppers, bell pepper, avocado, pimentos, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, and Italian dressing. Season with garlic salt. Toss, and chill until serving.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 20 Min