Recipes for dough
Ultra Thin Crust Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 large flour tortillas (sandwich wraps)
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 button or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- It really helps to have a baking stone and a pizza peel. If not, you’ll use a rimmed baking sheet with some parchment paper.
How to make Ultra Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- If you are using a baking stone, place the stone on top of the middle rack in the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Allow the oven to stay at 450°F for at least 15 minutes before cooking, to thoroughly heat up the stone.
- If you are NOT using a baking stone, place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a small sauté pan on medium hight heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften. Add a pinch of sugar and the balsamic vinegar, cook for a few more minutes until the onions are thoroughly softened and translucent. Remove from heat.
- If you are using a baking stone, sprinkle some corn meal on your pizza peel and place one tortilla on top of the pizza peel. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet.) Thoroughly brush the top of the tortilla with olive oil.
- If you are not using a baking stone, line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Place a tortilla on each baking sheet and brush each with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with half a cup of shredded Asiago cheese. Add bits of ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup for each tortilla. Sprinkle with mushrooms and with the slightly caramelized onions. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- If you are using a baking stone, and can fit both pizzas on the stone (it depends on the size of your tortilla) do it. Use the pizza peel to transfer the pizzas to the stone in the oven. If your tortillas are large, you’ll need to cook them one at a time. But that’s okay. Cooking on the stone goes very quickly. Bake the pizzas until the crust is crisp and very brown – 5-7 minutes using the baking stone. Cut with a pizza cutter or a knife.
- If you are using baking sheets, place the baking sheets in the oven. Bake until the crust is crisp and brown all over (the time varies, depending on the oven and if your cookie sheet has already been heated, start with 10 minutes and check), rotating the sheets to ensure even baking. Cut with a pizza cutter or a knife.
- Each pizza serves 1-2, depending on how hungry you are.
- Ultra Thin Crust Pizza Dough is ready to serve.
Mini Pizza Dough Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried instant yeast
How to make Mini Pizza Dough:
- Place oil, salt, flours, yeast and 1 cup warm water in a processor. Process until dough just forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a large, oiled bowl. Cover and set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Using your fist, punch down centre of dough. Knead for 20 to 30 seconds or until smooth. Roll out to form a 32cm round pizza base, if making traditional pizza (see note).
Ingredients for Desi Pizza
1 quantity Pizza Dough or pizza mix made according to manufacturers instructions.
- 1 cup Chicken or Minced Meat
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (peeled then sliced or crumbled)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (chopped)
- ½ cup Olives (sliced)
- ½ cup White Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger (Adrak) (chopped)
- ½ bunch Fresh Cilantro/Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania) (chopped)
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Cooking Oil
How to make Desi Pizza Recipe
- Saute meat in oil until it is cooked and tender. Add all ingredients except the cheddar cheese. Stir fry for a few minutes. Top the Pizza Dough with this mixture. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts and base is well done.
- Serve Hot with your favorite sauce, chutney, or with Raita
Ingredients for Chicago Style Pizza
16 ounces water
- 1/8-ounce yeast
- 1/2-ounce salt
- 2 pounds bread flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups tomato sauce, jar or homemade
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup spinach, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Romano
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
How to make Chicago Style Pizza
- In a mixer combine the water and the yeast and allow the yeast to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cornmeal and begin to mix the dough using a dough hook on low speed. Once a ball is formed mix on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes until the dough becomes elastic and smooth. Remove from the mixer and place in a bowl coated with olive oil. Allow the dough to rest for approximately 4 hours. Once the dough is rested, place on flat surface and dust with some flour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a deep baking dish or deep dish pizza pan, spread the dough using your fingers at the bottom of the pan and make sure to have enough dough to come up the sides of the pan approximately 1/2-inch high.
- Begin by placing a layer of the mozzarella cheese on the bottom of the crust. Add the tomato sauce and all of the toppings. Place in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve pizza straight from the oven to the table.
Prep. Time: 20 min
Cook Time:40 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon ghee
- water (to knead)
How to make Paratha Dough:
- Mix all ingredients except water.
- Add water a little at a time and form a soft pliable dough.
- Keep for 30 minutes before using.
- Always keep covered with a moist cloth and see that the cloth is kept moist.
- For rolling, use dry flour as in chapati to roll easier.
- Dust the roti with dry flour now and then.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups light cream
Cookie Dough Ice Cream Method
- Scald milk until bubbles form around edge. Remove from heat. Add the sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved. Stir in light cream, vanilla, and the heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Freeze as directed by your ice cream machine’s instructions. Once ice cream has been through the entire ice cream machine process and is now a chilled soft ice cream, add the chocolate chip cookie dough. Just break up the dough as best you can with your hands and drop it in small clusters into the soft ice cream. Try to mix it around to ensure that the cookie dough is evenly distributed throughout the ice cream. Put the ice cream in the freezer for several hours until hardened.