Recipes for desi
Desi Karahi Chicken Recipe
1/2 kg Boneless chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 medium size Onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 6 Green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 tsp Ginger / garlic paste
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 4 1/2 tbsp oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Desi Karahi Chicken
- In the saucepan, heat desi gheeloil and fry onion till golden brown.
Then add boneless chicken, garam masala, chilli powder, salt, ginger I garlic paste and green chillies and cook, stirring continuously, on medium heat till chicken becomes golden brown in colour. Add tomatoes, always stir till tomatoes soften.
- Cover and simmer on low heat, till chicken is tender and oil separates from spices.
- Serve hot with naan or paratha.
- Desi Karahi Chicken is redy to serve.
yield: 6-8 servings
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Desi Pizza
1 quantity Pizza Dough or pizza mix made according to manufacturers instructions.
- 1 cup Chicken or Minced Meat
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Green Onion (chopped)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs (peeled then sliced or crumbled)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli (chopped)
- ½ cup Olives (sliced)
- ½ cup White Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Ginger (Adrak) (chopped)
- ½ bunch Fresh Cilantro/Coriander Leaves (Hara Dhania) (chopped)
- ½ tsp. Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp. Cooking Oil
How to make Desi Pizza Recipe
- Saute meat in oil until it is cooked and tender. Add all ingredients except the cheddar cheese. Stir fry for a few minutes. Top the Pizza Dough with this mixture. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts and base is well done.
- Serve Hot with your favorite sauce, chutney, or with Raita
- ½ kg mutton bones
- ½ kg chicken (cut into pieces)
- 4 glasses of water
- 4-5 peppers
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 cardamoms
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ginger/garlic paste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
how to make Desi Mutton Soup with Bones
- Put all the ingredients in a pan with water.
- Cover the pan and boil on low heat for two to three hours till half the water is left and desirable stock is obtained.
- Pour in a bowl and serve hot.