Recipes for daal
Chicken Chanay Ki Daal Ingredients
- 250 gm Bengal Gram(chanay ki daal),presoaked
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 glasses water(as required)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 125 gm / 2 medium onions,thinly sliced
- 125 gm / 2 medium tomatoes,roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 500 gm chicken
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 cloves
- 4-5 whole black peppers
- 1 large cardamom
- 1″ piece of cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chillies powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2-3 green chillies,roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander leaves,chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
How to make Chicken Chanay Ki Daal
- Combine Bengal Gram,turmeric and water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil,reduce heat and cook,covered,on medium heat till lentil is tender.Lightly mash with the back of the spoon. See Photo
- While lentil is cooking,heat oil in a large pan/wok.Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Remove from oil.Put in a blender with tomatoes and cumin seeds.Add little water and blend to a thick paste.
- Add chicken to oil and fry for a minute or two.
- Add ginger garlic paste,cloves,black pepper,cardamom and cinnamon stick.
- Fry for 30 seconds,then add turmeric,red chillies,coriander powder and salt.
- Stir and add tomato onion paste.Mix well to coat the chicken.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cook,covered,on medium heat till chicken is done and water is almost dried.(Stir occasionally during cooking).
- Cook on high heat,stirring frequently until all the moisture has been absorbed. See Photo
- Add water (1 cup/as required) and bring to a boil.Add cooked lentil and mix well. See Photo
- Sprinkle green chillies,coriander leaves and garam masala powder. See Photo
- Cook ,covered,on very low heat for 5 min.
Chicken Chanay Ki Daal is ready to serve with Chapati, naan or boiled rice.
Daal Gosht Ingredients:
1 Cup masoor daal
- 1 kg Meat boneless and cubed
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Onions sliced
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How to make Daal Gosht:
- Boil the daal, meat with salt and 2 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker till the daal is soft.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric, red chili and garam masala powder and fry till the oil separates from the masala.
- Add the daal-meat mixture to this masala and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take off from the fire, add lime juice, stir well and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Daal Gosht is ready to serve.
Khatti daal chawal Ingredients:
- Masoor ki daal 1 cup.
- Salt 1 tsp or according to taste.
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp.
- 1 tomato.
- Oil 4 tablespoons.
- Turmeric(haldi)powder half a tsp.
- 2 whole red chillies preferably round ones.
- Half tsp white zeera.
- Garlic half a tsp.
- Half lemon.
How to make Khatti daal chawal:
- Soak daal in water for atleast 1 hr.
- After that put in in a pot with 4 glasses of water and add salt, red chilli powder, haldi and tomato.
- Let it cook for 30-40 minutes or until the daal is creamy and tender.
- Add the lemon juice in it and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Watch that the daal does’nt become thick.
- Keep stirring after every 10 min throughout.
- When the daal is neither thick nor too liquidy, remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add garlic, red chillies (whole) and white zeera.
- Cook for a minute and pour on the daal.
- Khatti daal is ready.eat with chawal and you will love it.
Daal Chawal Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c Rice
- 1 c Toor dal
- 2 Whole red chillies
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3 Cloves and peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 ts Turmeric
- 2 Onions sliced lengthwise
- 3 tb Ghee
- 1 tb Chopped coriander
- 1 ts Cumin and mustard seeds
- 6 c Water; (6 to 7)
How to make Daal Chawal:
Wash dal and rice separately. Soak in salty water for half an hour. Heat ghee in large saucepan fry the onion till crisp and brown. Remove. In same ghee, add seeds, leaves, chilli, pepper and cloves. Add the soaking water of dal and rice. Allow to come to boil. Add dal and allow to boil for 5 min. Add rice, turmeric, salt and cook in high for 10-12 mins. Put on simmer and cook till the rice is done and water has evaporated. Garnish with fried onions and chopped coriander. Converted by MC_Buster. Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Daal Maash with Keema Ingredients:
- Dal mash 1 cup
- Mince 1 pao or 8 ozs
- Green chilies 2-3
- Onion 1
- Ginger / garlic 1 tsp heaped
- All spice 1 tsp Chilly powder 1 tsp heaped
- Oil 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves
- Salt 1 tsp leveled
- Haldi 1 tsp
How to make Daal Maash with Keema:
- Heat oil and brown onions. Add ginger /garlic and fry after that add mince and fry. When brown add haldi, chilly powder, salt, little water and fry. When it leaves oil, add dal and fry. Add enough water for dal to be soft. Add green chilies, coriander leaves and all spice and put on dum.
Maash ki Daal ke Dahi Baray Ingredients:
- 2 cups of Lentils (Maash ki Daal ) (pre-soaked)
- A pinch of Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Heeng)
- 1 tsp. of Red Chilli Powder (Pisi Lal Mirch)
- ½ tsp. Cumin Powder (Pisa Zeera)
- Plain Yogurt
- Cooking Oil (for deep frying)
- Chaat Masala (for garnish)
- Imli Chutney (for garnish)
How to make Maash ki Daal ke Dahi Baray:
- Wash the lentils well in warm water. In a grinder, grind the lentils into a paste then add the rest of the spices. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Put cooking oil in a deep frying pan or karahi on high heat. Once the oil gets hot, turn the heat to medium and drop a tablespoon of mixture at a time in the oil and fry until golden brown. Then remove from oil and put the baray on a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- In a separate dish, beat the plain yogurt by adding a little water to form a paste. Add salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder. And whip well.
- Then take cold water in a separate bowl and put the baray in the water for a minute or so or until they are soft. Then squeeze the baray with your palms to drain out the water and add them to the prepared yogurt mix. Repeat this process until all baray mix is gone.
- Garnish with chaat masala and Imli Chutney . (Refrigerate until cold for better taste.)
Moong ki Daal ke Dahi Baray Ingredients:
- 2 cups of whole moong dal soaked overnight
- 1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp. whole black pepper (Kali Mirch)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds (Zeera)
- 3-4 whole dried red chilies
- 1 tbs. coriander (Dhaniya) seeds
- 3 tbs. besan flour
How to make Moong ki Daal ke Dahi Baray:
- Rub the dal in between palms to remove skin. Add all ingredients and grind into paste-like form.
- Form flat discs and fry on medium [...]
Daal Baati Ingredients:
- 2 cup wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tablespoon ghee (warm)
- 1 teaspoon ajawin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A pinch baking powder
- Luke warm water for kneading the dough
- 1 cup split green moong daal
- 1/2 cup chana daal
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Asfoetida (hing)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 4 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Similar recipes
- Rajasthani Daal dhokli
- Bhanja moong daal
- Kaacha Muger Daal
- Sukhi ( dry) Moong Daal
- Tasty Toor Daal
How to make Daal Baati:
- For baati: Mix all the dry ingredients in a large round bowl. Add the warm ghee gently in the flour mixture.
- Add water and keep kneading the mixture into tight dough. Pull away small chunks of dough and roll them into small balls.
- Place the baati dough balls in the oven or on medium heat in tandoor till the crust is golden brown.
- For dal: Mix both moong daal chana daal and in a large bowl and soak them in water for 30 minutes. Heat the soaked daal in a pan.
- In a separate pan, heat oil. Add hing and jeera to the oil when hot. When the jeera starts to crackle, add the chopped onions.
- Cook the onions till they turn transparent; add garlic, turmeric, chilli powder and salt. Saute for 10-15 seconds.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook for 5 more minutes. Add boiled daal and bring the whole mixture to a boil.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve with the baati.
Moong Daal Samosa Ingredients:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- Salt (depending upon the taste)
- moong daal (soak 6-8 hrs in Plenty of water with baking soda)
- 1 tbs red chili powder
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs coriender powder
- 1 tbs salt
- tbs amchur
- 3-4 pinches asafoetida powder
- tbs cumin seeds
- Vegetable oil for frying
How to make Moong Daal Samosa:
- Grind the moong daal with minimum quantity of water.
- Add oil in heavy pan.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida powder and daal paste in it.
- Stir it properly. Add salt,garam masala,coriender powder,chili powder and amchur powder.
- Stir it until the mixture dried very well.
- 12kilogram of daal channa
- med chopped onion
- 2 green chili chopped
- chopped coriander leaves
- bread crumbs
- oil for deep fry
- 1tspoon of red chili
- 1pinch of black paper
- salt to taste
- pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of chaat masala
- Boil daal in 2 glass of water and salt until it get smooth and chop it add all above ingredients and mix wel then make kabab of this better.
- heat the oil and dip kabab in egg and then in bread crumbs and deep fry until dark brown.
- Serve with raita and hot nan