Recipes for crispy
Crispy Hash Browns Ingredients
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, canola oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1 lb Russet baking potatoes, peeled and grated
- Salt and pepper
- Large frying pan (at least a 9″ diameter bottom)
- Potato ricer
How to make Crispy Hash Browns
- Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat.
- While the pan is heating, squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the grated potatoes. It’s easiest to do this with a potato ricer, using it much like you would a garlic press, except you don’t force the potatoes through the ricer. You just press out the moisture. If you don’t have a ricer, use paper towels to squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the grated potatoes.
- When the oil in the pan heats up to the point of shimmering, but not smoking, add the grated potatoes, spreading them out along the bottom of the pan. The potatoes should not be too thick in any one place, no more than a half inch thick. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the potatoes. After a few minutes, lift up one edge of the potatoes and see how done they are. If they have fried to a golden brown they are ready to flip. Use a large spatula to flip the potatoes over all at once, or divide the large potato cake into halves or quarters and flip. Continue to cook until they are golden brown on the bottom.
Crispy Hash Browns is ready to serve.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Crispy Chilli Baby Corn Ingredients:
2 cups Baby corn
- 1 tbsp Maida (All-purpose Flour)
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper Powder (to taste)
- 1 Capsicum (cut into thick cubes)
- 1 Onion (cut into thick cubes)
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Chili (finely chopped)
- Oil (for frying)
How to make Crispy Baby Corn:
- Mix together maida, rice flour, corn flour, salt, lime juice, soy sauce and baby corn.
- Add some water, if required, to bind the ingredients.
- Deep fry the baby corn (coated with the maida mixture) until golden brown in color. Remove and set aside.
- Place a wok on fire and heat oil in it.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and chili and saut? well.
- Add capsicum and onion cubes and saut? for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the salt, black pepper and fried baby corn. Mix well.
Crispy Chilli Baby Corn is ready to serve.
Hot and Crispy Fish Ingredients
2 cups dry potato flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 2 cups butter flavored shortening, for frying
How to make Hot and Crispy Fish
- In medium bowl, combine the potato flakes, flour, garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Soak fish filets in bowl of cold water.
- In a deep skillet or deep fryer, melt and heat the shortening to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dredge fish filets in dry mixture and fry in the hot oil for 5 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Hot and Crispy Fish is ready to serve.
Prep Time:5 Min
Cook Time:10 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Servings : 4
Crispy Baked Basa Ingredients
1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 pound basa (Vietnamese catfish) fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely crushed plain Melba toast rounds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
How to make Crispy Baked Basa
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a bowl, thoroughly blend the mayonnaise, mustard, capers, ketchup, paprika, and hot pepper sauce.
- Brush the basa fillets with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, and roll in the crushed Melba toast to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Use a kitchen sprayer to lightly spray the coated fish with remaining olive oil. Arrange the fish in a baking dish and top with garlic and lemon slices.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork and coating is lightly browned. Serve with the mayonnaise sauce mixture.
- Crispy Baked Basa is ready to serve.
Prep Time:15 Min
Cook Time:15 Min
Ready In:30 Min
Crispy Fried Baby Corn Ingredients:
- Baby corn
- 1tbsp Maida
- 1tbsp Rice flour
- 2tbsp Corn flour
- 2tsp lime juice
- 1tsp soyo sauce
- salt to taste
- Black pepper powder
- 1 capsicum cut into thick cubes
- 1 onion cut into thick cubes
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1tsp each ginger garlic-chilli finely chopped
How to make Crispy Fried Baby Corn:
- Mix maida, rice flour, corn flour, salt,lime juice, soya sauce and baby corn well
- Just sprinkle water to bind the ingredients
- Deep fry the baby corn till it turns golden brown. Keep it aside
- Heat oil in a wok and sautéChopped onion, ginger – garlic-chilli
- Add capsicum, onion cut into thick cubes and again sauté for 2 minutes
- Add salt,black pepper and fried baby corn
Crispy prawns Ingredients:
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 450g raw peeled tiger prawns
- 6 tbsp semolina
- Sunflower oil, for shallow-frying
- 1 lemon
- 6 radishes
How to make crispy prawns:
- Take a large shallow dish. Measure out the turmeric and chilli powder and add to the dish. Crush the garlic in a garlic crusher and add to the spices. Mix together.
- Rest a sieve over another bowl, then tip in the prawns (this will help to get rid of any liquid), then add the prawns to the spices and stir to coat.
- Put the semolina into another shallow dish, add the prawns and mix to coat in the semolina. Get a baking tray covered with crumpled kitchen paper ready to put the prawns on when cooked.
- Now they’re ready to cook, kids will need to get an adult to do this for you. Take a large frying pan, pour in a 2cm depth of sunflower oil and heat it gently for about 5 minutes. To test the oil is hot enough, add a cube of bread – it should turn golden in 15 seconds. Use a slotted spoon to add half the prawns to the hot oil – stand well back as the oil will spit when the prawns are added. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the prawns are pale golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the prepared tray to drain off any excess oil. Repeat to cook the remaining prawns.
- Meanwhile, cut the lemon into 6 wedges. Fill a bowl with cold water, plunge the radishes and their leaves in and clean off any dirt. Serve the prawns with a wedge of lemon and a crunchy radish or two.
Crispy Cheese Rolls Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 2 small onion finely chopped
- 2 green chilli chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 8 bread slices
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
How to make Crispy Cheese Rolls:
- Mix the milk, grated cheese, chopped onions, green chilli,ginger, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture on to each bread slice and roll it tight.
- Heat the oil for deep frying on high flame. Drop in the rolls slowly.
- Reduce the heat and fry on medium flame stirring frequently till the rolls are crisp and light brown in color.
- Drain on a paper towel.
Baked Crispy Okra Ingredietns:
- Okra/bhindi/ladysfinger – 15 nos,cut into 1″ pieces
- kashmiri chilli pdr – 1 1/2 tsp
- Yellow cornmeal – 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
How to make Baked Crispy Okra:
Preheat oven to 450 deg F.In a bowl mix the cornemal,chilli pdr and salt.Drop the chopped okra into the bowl and coat it evenly.Spread it on a baking sheet.Sprinkle some oil or non stick cooking sparay on top.Bake for 20-25 mins.Serve it hot with rice and dal.
Crispy Okra Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg okra wash, dry, remove top and slit into 4 lengthwise
- 1/2 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 4 tsps chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- Vegetable/ canola/ sunflower cooking oil for deep frying
How to make Crispy Okra:
- Heat the cooking oil on a medium flame. Do not heat the oil too much as okra burns quickly when deep fried.
- Put the okra in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle all the other dry ingredients on it. Season with salt just before frying or else the okra will release water and become soggy.
- Deep fry the okra a little at a time, until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with the lime juice and serve with plain boiled rice and your favorite Daal.
Crispy Bhindi in Microwave Ingredients:
- 250 gms ladies finger (bhindi)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 2 tsp coriander (dhania) seeds
- 2 red chillies
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
How to make Crispy Bhindi in Microwave:
- Ound the coriander seeds and red chilies coarsley.
- In a casserole, add oil, ginger garlic paste, pounded masala and green chillies and cook on micro high for 6 mins.
- Add the lady finger, stir well, cover and cook on micro high for 7 min.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, kastoori meethi, garam masala and salt.mix well and cook on micro for 6 mins.
- Serve hot with parathas