Creamed Spinach with Cheese Ingredients
1/2 teaspoon butter
- 5 packages (10 oz. each) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
How to make Creamed Spinach with Cheese
- Butter a shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart baking dish. Squeeze out as much water as possible from the spinach (use your hands or a clean kitchen towel). Set aside.
- Heat spinach and cream in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese to melt. Stir in salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer spinach mixture to buttered baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Just before serving, place dish in the oven 5 to 6 in. below a broiler set to high; broil until top is golden and crunchy, about 3 minutes.
Creamed Spinach with Cheese is ready to serve.
Yield: Makes 12 servings