- 5 cups (1 1/2 pounds) fresh or frozen cranberries, rinsed and any stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
How to make Cranberry Sorbet Recipe:
- Make a simple syrup by adding the sugar and water to pot and bringing to a boil. When the sugar has dissolved, add the cranberries and orange juice.Continue to boil until the cranberries burst, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool a bit, then puree in a food processor or blender. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in the lemon juice and orange liqueur.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and let completely cool.
- When completely cool, freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.